Product Guide: Plastic Components - Using Acrylic & Lucite in Jewelry Making
Faceted lucite mimics the look of cut glass or crystal, and can be more comfortable in large earrings or necklaces. Lucite is also used for light, delicate shapes such as flowers and leaves. Since they are often inexpensive, plastic components are also great for beginners who are just experimenting, for bulk projects, and for casual, fun and kid-friendly* designs. In addition to glass and crystal, plastic beads can also be made to resemble other materials such as metal, gemstone, ivory, wood and pearl.and other components made from acrylic and lucite are quite popular in jewelry making. They are readily available in a wide variety of colors and shapes. Lucite, which is sometimes called acrylic glass, has long been used as a lightweight, cost-effective alternative to heavier and more expensive glass beads and pendants.
Shop by Category
Find acrylic and lucite beads, cameos, cabochons, charms, and buttons in a wide variety of styles to suit any type of jewelry or craft project.
Find inspiration with our project tutorials and learn how to make jewelry and crafts using acrylic and lucite beads, cameos, cabochons and more.
- Layer Cake Cuff Bracelet
- Retired - Enchanted Afternoon Bracelet
- Retired - The Marilyn Bracelet
- Retired - The Millie Bracelet
- Retired - Carnival Cuff in Blue
- Retired - Candy Flowers Bracelet
- Retired - Printemps Bracelet
- Field of Fairies Bracelet
- Retired - Pink Champagne Bracelet
- Retired - Bouquet for Mom Bracelet
- The Megan Cuff in Black
- Retired - Aquarius Bracelet
- Retired - Taurus Bracelet
- Retired - Sparkling Evening Ornament
- Retired - Falling Leaves Napkin Rings, Set of 6
- Fancy Floral Christmas Earrings
- Fancy Floral Sweetheart Earrings
- Retired - Fanceh Kitteh Earrings
- Retired - Dusty Bloom Earrings
- Retired - Flowerbomb Earrings
See these plastic components in action with our instructional videos. These videos will show you the size, color and weight of some of our most popular lucite and acrylic products.
- How to Color Lucite Flowers and Leaves with Gilders Paste
- How to Make a Vintage Lucite Rivoli Bracelet and Earring
- How to Make a Quick and Easy Cameo Ring
- How to Make a Simple Glue-On Ring
- How to Make a Vintage Flatback Bezel Stretch Bracelet
- How to Make a Lunasoft Lucite Cabochon Ring
- Show & Tell: Dazzle It! Resin Sugar Stones
- How to Make an Acrylic Bead Stretch Bracelet Set
- Show & Tell: Colorful Acrylic Beads and Spikes
- How to Make Lucite Pumpkin Earrings
Lightweight lucite cameos and cabochons are ideal for gluing. Easily embellish bead craft items such as brooches and hair pins, or glue into bezels, bracelet and ring findings.
*Supervise children around all beads and small components to prevent accidental ingestion and choking.