Product Guide: Using Charms in Beading and Jewelry Making
Charms are small decorative and themed elements that are often used for bracelet and necklace projects, but can also be used for earring and mixed media designs. They are available in a wide range of popular shapes and themes including flowers , hearts , letters , animals , holidays and more. With so many options available, charms offer an easy way to personalize a design and to create countless variations.
How to Use Charms
Charms are designed with loops or holes for attaching a jump ring . Use the jump ring to hang or connect your charm to other components. Many charms come with a jump ring included, but if not, our designers have found that 5mm 20 gauge jump rings work well in most projects. This size works especially well with
Instructional Videos on Using Charms
See how to create jewelry using charms with instructional videos from our designers.
- Show & Tell: Themed Charms
- Show & Tell: New Alphabet, Numbers, and Greek Letter Charms
- Show and Tell: Pewter Charms and Beads
- Show & Tell: Brass Initial Stampings
- How to Embellish an Expandable Charm Bangle Bracelet
- Show & Tell: New Styles of Expandable Charm Bangle Bracelets
- How to Make a Gold Filled Charm Necklace
- How to Make Wine Charms
- How to Use a Smartphone Cell Charm Audio Jack Adapter Plug
- Overview of Charms
Jewelry Project Tutorials with Charms
These project tutorials will teach you some tips and techniques for creating jewelry using charms. Make the project as shown or use as inspiration for your own designs.
- Princess Charm Bangle
- Retired - My Charming Mom Bracelet
- Majesty Earrings
- Sterling Silver Initial Necklace
- Hippity Hop Earrings
- Retired - Holiday Wine Charms, Set of 6
- Retired - Caribbean Waves Bracelet Set
- Purple Butterfly Necklace
- Layered Initial Necklace Set
Browse our wide selection of charms by color and material or by theme. Use charms with jump rings to attach to other components including bracelets and bangles, chain, earring findings and cord.