Intro to Beading 101: Getting Started with Jewelry Making
Welcome to Beadaholique! If you're new to jewelry making, this should be your first stop before exploring our other techniques and guides, which include valuable "bead-ucation" resource pages such as Stringing 101, Bead Weaving 101 and more. Read on and find instructional videos, project tutorials, and product recommendations to introduce basic skills and techniques and get you started on your jewelry making journey.
Learn to Bead Video Series
Watch our Learn to Bead Video Series, and you'll be beading like a pro in no time! This video series introduces some jewelry terms that are essential to know, and will teach you some fundamental skills necessary for basic jewelry making. Additionally, learn to open and close jump rings and create simple wire loops—both vital skills to many jewelry projects. You'll find many more instructional beading videos on our website, ranging in difficulty so that novice and expert beaders alike can learn new skills! After you've finished the Learn to Bead series to get down the basics, pick up some more beading fundamentals with our Basic Beading Techniques videos, and browse our How-To Projects for instructional videos that will teach you how to make a project from start to finish.
Featured Video: Learn To Bead Video #1: All About Beads
- Learn to Bead Video Tutorial #2: All About Findings
- Learn To Bead Video #3: All About Stringing Materials
- Learn To Bead Video #4: Essential Tools
- Learn To Bead Video #5: Make a Bracelet
- Learn To Bead Video #6: Necklace Lengths
- Learn To Bead Video #7: Make A Simple Swarovski Crystal Pendant Necklace
- How To Open and Close Jump Rings
- How to Make a Simple Wire Loop for Jewelry Making
- How to Make a Wrapped Wire Loop for Jewelry Making
Our designers have hand picked their favorite beginner level projects, which are both high in style and easy to create! Find recommendations from each member of our design team below, or browse our thousands of free project tutorials. Also check out our Exclusive Beadaholique Jewelry Kits, which include written instructions and all the materials needed to create a finished project, making them perfect for beginners.
- Spiked with Envy Earrings
- Retired - Gothic Rose Ring
- Graduated Pearl Necklace in Grey
- Tortoise Shell Memory Wire Bracelet
- Retired - Captured Crystal Christmas Tree Earrings
- Retired - Love Me Always Bracelet
- Retired - Malbec Earrings
Essential Beading Supplies
After watching some videos and perusing some projects, you might have a good idea of the techniques and projects you're ready to tackle. But you won't be able to bead without some essential beading supplies! Below you'll find some product recommendations for supplies you'll definitely need as you explore the wonderful world of jewelry making. Tool kits are a quick way to acquire all the essential tools you'll need to start beading. Plastic and lucite beads are an inexpensive option to start practicing before moving on to higher priced gemstone beads and crystals. Happy beading!
- Exclusive Beadaholique Kits
- Jewelry Making Tool Kits
- Lucite & Plastic Beads
- Beading Wire
- Beading Thread
- Beading Books & DVDs
- Fire Polished Beads
- Flat & Chain Nose Pliers
- Finding Kits