Designer: Julie Bean
Skill Level: Beginner
Warm copper tones mix harmoniously with fresh lime green and frosted white in this lovely charm chain necklace. The color palette reminds me of the sun setting over a green field in springtime.
The instructions make a 16" necklace. If you would like yours longer, cut longer lengths of chain in step 1. The kit ingredients allow you to make up to a 24" necklace.
- Cut an 8" length of your antique copper plated oak leaf charm chain. Cut 2 lengths of your antique copper oval chain, 12 links long each.
- Connect your chains together so that a length of oval chain is connected to each side of the charm chain. To connect them, open one of the end oval links (the same way you would open a jump ring) and connect this directly to the end chain link on the charm chain. Do this on both sides of your necklace.
- To attach your clasp, open an end oval chain link and connect it directly to one of the jump rings that comes with your clasp. Do this on both sides.
- Your necklace has now been structurally created and it is time to add the little Czech glass dangles.
- Place a Czech glass 4mm bead onto an antique copper head pin. Create a simple wire loop after the bead and trim off excess wire with flush cutters. Create a total of 24 of these dangles.
- Attach the above 24 dangles to your charm chain but opening the simple wire loop (the same way you open a jump ring) and connecting it to the core chain links on the charm chain. Place them at random intervals spread throughout the length of the charm chain.
- All done! Enjoy.
- FHP-1051 - Genuine Antiqued Copper Head Pins 24 Gauge 1.5 Inches (24)
Project uses 24 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5511 - Beadsmith Jeweller's Micro Pliers Chain Nose Flat Nose
- XTL-5514 - Beadsmith Jewelry Fine Round Nose Micro Pliers
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 24 Pieces.
$2.09 / Package | SKU: FHP-1051
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$5.59 / Package | SKU: XTL-5511
$5.45 / Package | SKU: XTL-5514
$16.09 / Package | SKU: XTL-5600