Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since
this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
By following the instructions below, you will make one earring. Repeat all instructions to make the second earring.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Using your flush cutters, cut one 4" length of wire.
- Thread the wire through the loop of your premade tassel. Watch the video on How to Add a Jump Ring to Premade Tassels for a similar technique.
- Slide the tassel onto the center of your wire length and messily wrap the wire around the bottom portion of your branch finding, making sure the tassel is hanging right beneath the the branch. Snip off any excess wire with your flush cutters. See photo for assistance.
- Next, cut another 4" length of wire with your flush cutters.
- Make a messy wire wrap onto the top portion of your branch finding. See how to do this in our How to Wire Wrap a Briolette video. Snip off any excess wire using your flush cutters.
- Open an earring hook (how you would a jump ring) and slide it through the loop of your wrapped wire loop and close.
- You're done!
(scroll down for purchase options)
- WNT-2633 - Beadsmith Tarnish Resistant Gold Color Copper Wire 26 Gauge 34 Yards (31 Meters)
Project uses 16 inches. You will need 1 package.
- FEA-4066 - 14K Gold Filled Graceful Earring Hooks With Ball 19mm Long (1 Pair)
Project uses 1 pair. You will need 1 package.
- PND-7055 - Vintaj Natural Brass Woodland Branch Finding 46mm (1)
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- PTS-3504 - Nylon Cord, Tassels 35mm, 6 Pieces, Light Brown
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
- XTL-5514 - Beadsmith Jewelry Fine Round Nose Micro Pliers