Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since
this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Before you begin, separate out your Czech seed bead 8/0 metallic mix into three separate piles: gold, silver, and copper.
- Then, watch the video: How to Bead Weave a Star With Brick Stitch.
- Thread a size 10 beading needle with white Wildfire beading thread. I like to work with about six feet at a time, but use as much as you are comfortable with. During this project, you will most likely need to tie off and add new thread.
- Using the gold lined beads you separated out, weave a star as demonstrated in the video that has 35 beads in the last circular brick stitch row. Each point of the star will begin with 7 beads.
- When you get to the last point of the star, when you add the bead for the point, string about six inches of beads on your thread, then go back through the first bead you added for the point and back down the other side as normal. This will create a loop for hanging your ornament. Tie off and weave in your ends as usual.
- Repeat with silver lined and copper lined beads to create your 3 ornament set.
(scroll down for purchase options)
- BCS-8112 - Czech Seed Beads 8/0 Crystal Metallic Foil Lined Mix (1 Ounce)
Project uses 1 ounce. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-8933 - Wildfire Thermal Bonded Beading Thread .006 Inch - White- 50 Yd
Project uses 1 spool. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5700 - Fiskars 5 Precision Tip Scissors - Super Sharp
- XTL-3010 - Beading Needles For Soft Touch .010 16 Needles Size 10