Some of the stick pearls may not easily slide onto the jump rings that you create. You may need to pick and choose amongst the pearls on your strand to find ten that work easily for this project.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- To begin, use a pair of flush cutters to cut two 3/4" lengths, two 1" lengths, two 1 1/4" lengths, two 1 1/2" lengths, and two 1 3/4" lengths of gold-filled delicate cable chain.
- For the next step, watch the instructional video: How to Make Jump Rings with Wubbers Bail Making Jewelry Pliers. This video will show you show to use 24 gauge round half-hard gold filled wire to make jump rings using a pair of Wubber bail making jewelry pliers. Use the method shown to make twelve 5 mm jump rings.
- Open a jump ring and place a slender top-drilled stick pearl onto it. Then put the jump ring through the last link on one of the lengths of chain. Repeat this process with nine more stick pearls and the rest of the chain lengths.
- Divide up the chains and pearls into two groups that each have one of each length of chain.
- Open another jump ring and put the last link of the free end of all of the chains in one of the groups onto the jump ring. Then put a gold-filled simple deep small earring hook onto the jump ring and close it.
- Repeat the last step with the remaining pieces to complete the second earring.
(scroll down for purchase options)
- CHA-1019 - Gold Filled Delicate Flat Cable Chain 1.5mm Bulk By The Foot
Project uses 1 foot. You will need 1 package.
- PEW-5025 - Lustrous Cream White Slender Top-Drillled Stick Pearls 18-30mm (16 Inch Strand)
Project uses 10 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- WGF-12434 - 1/2 Oz (27 Ft) Gold Filled Wire 24 Gauge -Round-Half Hard
Project uses 11 inches. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-0031 - Wubbers Bail Making Jewelry Pliers - Medium 3mm & 5mm Size
- XTL-5511 - Beadsmith Jeweller's Micro Pliers Chain Nose Flat Nose
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex