Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- Please watch the video: How to Wire Wrap a Flower Using the BeadSmith Wooden Mandrel Set. In this video, you will see how to form this flower design using various wire gauges and mandrel sizes.
- Using what you have learned in the video, cut 1.5 feet of green 20 gauge wire and form a flower with eight petals using the 0.5 inch mandrel. Then cut 2 feet of red 20 gauge wire and form a flower with 8 petals using the 7/8 inch mandrel.
- To connect your two flowers: Cut 3 inches of green 20 gauge wire and slide on one Austrian Crystal rose montee, positioning it in the center of the wire. Bend the two sides of the wire back on either side of the rose montee, similar to the technique shown in the video. Follow along with the video to send each end of the wire through the middle of both flowers (make sure the green flower faces the front). Then cross both ends of the wire over the back of the red flower and pull snug in opposite directions. This will secure your Rose Montee into place at the center of your design. Clip the excess wire and use pliers to tuck in the ends.
- To hang your pearl dangles: Take a head pin and slide on one 6mm Austrian Crystal pearl. Above the pearl, make a simple wire loop. Latch the loop onto one petal of your red flower. Close the loop. Repeat this process twice more for a total of three pearl dangles hanging one petal apart (see photo for reference).
- To make your ornament hook, please watch the video: How to Make DIY Ornament Hooks. Cut approximately 4 inches of silver 20 gauge craft wire, and follow along with the video to create your ornament hook.
- To embellish your ornament with wire, please watch our video on how to make a single coil in wire wrapping, starting at the 3:50 mark. Cut 8 inches of green 20 gauge wire, and follow along with the video to wire wrap a 0.5 inch section at the center of your ornament hook.
- To hang your ornament: Slide one side of your ornament hook onto the top loop of your ornament. All done!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: (scroll down for purchase options)
- WCR-1910 - Artistic Wire, 12 Pack Craft Wire Assorted Variety Pack - Multi-Color Tarnish Resistant 20 Gauge
Project uses 1 package. You will need 1 package.
- FHP-5319 - Beadalon Silver Plated Ball Head Pins - 22 Gauge - 2 Inches (24)
Project uses 3 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- SWP-6086 - Austrian Crystal, #5810 Round Faux Pearl Beads 6mm, 50 Pieces, Eden Green
Project uses 3 beads. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-0164 - BeadSmith 6-Piece Wooden Mandrel Set For Wire Forming - Includes Storage Case
- XTL-5600 - Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - For Cutting Beading Wire, 1 Piece
- XTL-0074 - Eurotool Nylon Jaw Pliers Chain Nose- For Scratch-Free Wire Work
- XTL-0020 - Baby Wubbers Quality Fine Chain Nose Jeweller's Pliers
- XTL-0034 - Wubbers Classic Series Round Nose Quality Jeweller's Pliers
- XTL-0032 - Wubbers Bail Making Jewelry Pliers - Large 7mm & 9mm Size
- XTL-6090 - Beadsmith Wire Whacker - Wire Hardening For Wire Wrapping - Whack It!
- XTL-2157 - BeadSmith Ergo Hammer, Brass with Flat and Domed Faces, 1 Pound
- XTL-9920 - Beadaholique Bead Mat, 12.5x9.25 Inches, 1 Piece
|Ingredients||WCR-1910, FHP-5319, SWP-6086,|