Designer: Rachel Zaimont
Skill Level: Intermediate
Chunky amethyst gemstones and emerald cut Swarovski Crystal beads adorn this stackable set of trendy wire wrapped bangles. Boho chic at its best!
While you're working, your wire might get kinked or bent. You can use nylon-tipped pliers to straighten your wire and remove any kinks as you work.
- Watch our video on how to make wire wrapped bangles with gemstone focals. You will be using the embellished wire wrapping technique to make these bangles.
- Based on what you learned in the video, measure one six-foot piece of wire and cut it with flush cutters.
- Wrap the wire around the bracelet mandrel three times at the desired size, leaving a 9-inch tail on one side and the rest of the wire on the other side. Carefully hold your wire loops together and slide the bracelet off of the mandrel.
- Use your flat nose pliers to bend your shorter wire tail up at a 90-degree angle. Then, coil it tightly around the bracelet base three times, ending with the wire sticking straight up again.
- Slide on one Swarovski emerald cut bead. Bend the wire down so the bead lays flat against the bracelet. Then wrap the wire twice around the bangle, securing the bead to the bracelet.
- Now, wrap the remaining length of your wire tail around the crystal bead, stabilizing it from beneath. Wrap the wire twice around, ending on the side with two coils. Secure the wire to the base with two more snug coils, then clip off the excess wire with flush cutters. Use a wire rounder to smooth the tip of the wire, then use flat nose pliers to tuck it neatly against the base.
- You'll be using your longer wire tail for the remaining two beads. Visually decide where you want to place your first amethyst nugget bead and move to that spot. Repeat steps 4-6 with the first nugget bead, but don't clip off the rest of your wire tail after wrapping the bead -- you will need it for the second gemstone bead.
- Repeat steps 4-6 with your second amethyst nugget bead. After you finish coiling the wire, clip off the excess wire with flush cutters, smooth the tip of the wire and flatten it to the base of the bracelet.
- You will repeat these instructions twice more to create the other two bangles in this set. Enjoy!
- WCR-2033 - Artistic Wire, Copper Craft Wire 20 Gauge Thick, 6 Yard Spool, Tarnish Resistant Brass
Project uses 18 feet. You will need 1 package.
- SPAM-809 - Cape Amethyst Gemstone Beads, Rough Nuggets 15-20mm, 4 Pieces, Purple
Project uses 6 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- SWCR-5121 - Swarovski Crystal, 5515 Emerald Cut Bead 18x12.5mm, 1 Piece, Crystal Paradise Shine
Project uses 3 pieces. You will need 3 packages.
- XTL-5511 - Beadsmith Jeweller's Micro Pliers Chain Nose Flat Nose
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
- XTL-0074 - Eurotool Nylon Jaw Pliers Chain Nose- For Scratch-Free Wire Work
- XTL-9026 - Hard Wood Round Bracelet Sizing Bangle Mandrel Wire Wrapping Tool
- XTL-0131 - Wire Rounder Tool With Wooden Handle 1.8mm Cup Bur
|Ingredients||WCR-2033, SPAM-809, SWCR-5121,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Spool.
$2.59 / Package | SKU: WCR-2033
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$5.92 / Package | SKU: XTL-5511
$17.14 / Package | SKU: XTL-5600
$9.14 / Package | SKU: XTL-0074
$11.84 / Package | SKU: XTL-9026
$6.64 / Package | SKU: XTL-0131