Designer: Megan Milliken
Skill Level: Intermediate
Shamballa bracelets are inspired by ancient Tibetan prayer bracelets. They are super trendy and can be made with any type of bead. Beadelle crystal pave beads lend a touch of glamour to knotted waxed cotton cord in this bracelet.
These instructions will make a bracelet that adjusts to approximately 6-9". You can add or subtract beads to change the length of the bracelet. Each extra bead will add approximately 3/4".
- Begin by cutting one 18" length and one 6' length of 1.5mm red waxed cotton cord. Place the center of the longer piece underneath the shorter piece, about 5" from the end.
- Tie two macrame square knots. All of the macrame knots will be tied onto the shorter strand using the longer strands.
- Thread a gunmetal and light siam 12 mm round Beadelle crystal pave bead onto the shorter strand. Bring the outside strands across the bead to either side and tie two macrame square knots after the bead.
- Continue to add beads, with two macrame square knots between each bead, until you've used all six beads. End with two macrame square knots after the last bead.
- Finish the end of the last macrame knot with a square knot that is glued in place using a small amount of E6000 glue. Allow the glue to dry for at least an hour before moving on. Trim the ends of the knotted strands. Do not trim the shorter strand that runs down the middle.
- Bring the ends of the bracelet around into a loop, crossing over the loose center strands for a few inches. Cut a 12" of waxed cotton cord and use this strand to tie a sliding knot clasp with four macrame square knots onto the bracelet.
- Finish the sliding knot in the same manner as the ends of the bracelet knotting, allowing the glue to dry for at least an hour before moving on.
- Adjust the sliding knot to sit about an inch from the bracelet knotting on either side. Tie the ends of the excess cord into an overhand knot about 2" from each side of the sliding knot. Check to make sure that the bracelet will adjust to fit over your hand. If the fit is good, make sure the overhand knots on the ends of the cords are very tight and trim the ends of the cords after the overhand knots.
- When you've finished, allow all of the glue to dry thoroughly before wearing.
- XCR-4309 -
Project uses 7.5 feet. You will need 1 package.
- BDLL-0220 - Beadelle Crystal 12mm Round Pave Bead - Gunmetal Plated / Light Siam (1 Pc)
Project uses 6 pieces. You will need 6 packages.
- XTL-1054 - E6000 Industrial Strength Glue Adhesive (0.18 fl oz)
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
|Theme||Valentine's Day, Autumn|
|Ingredients||XCR-4309, BDLL-0220, XTL-1054,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Piece.
$1.54 / Package | SKU: XTL-1054
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$22.95 / Package | SKU: XTL-5600