Red Cinnabar Small Oval Focal Beads 17mm Chinese Design (x2)
Ships from the U.S.A.
Earn 2 Reward Points
with this product.
- An eye catching Cinnabar bead, beautiful as a contrast to (for instance) black onyx beads in a necklace.
- Beautiful Chinese carving all along sides of beads.
- Lightweight and perfect for earrings.
- All modern Cinnabar is either a polymer resin coating on wood, or solid resin. Our Cinnabar is solid resin. Please see our notes at bottom of listing for the full story.
- Measurements: 14-15mm along string, 17mm wide, 15.5mm deep.
- Drilled from top to bottom as shown in photo. Hole is approximately 2mm in diameter. No two beads exactly alike in color or size, but we do our best to match pairs. All measurements approximate, may vary by 1-2 millimeters.
- Two Cinnabar Small Oval focal beads.
- Cinnabar was developed in China and was originally composed of highly toxic Red Mercury Sulfide, used in lacquerware to give wood a red coating. True Cinnabar can no longer be made because it is extremely dangerous. In the modern jewelry industry, the toxic pigment is replaced by a resin-based polymer that approximates the appearance of pigmented lacquer. This is sometimes called "imitation" cinnabar, but it is actually the only cinnabar you will find on the market today.
Useful Techniques & Learning Guides