Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- To begin, please watch our video on how to do circular brick stitch bead weaving around a bead. Cut a 3 foot length of Fireline and thread a size 12 beading needle.
- Take one Czech glass 6mm white druk bead. Following the instructions in the video, create a thread bridge around the bead and use the opaque white seed beads to weave 1 complete row of circular brick stitch around the Czech glass bead in the center.
- Next, weave 1 complete row of circular brick stitch using the matte black seed beads.
- For your third row of circular brick stitch, start by adding 1 matte black seed bead and 1 red seed bead, and then weave half of the row using the red seed beads. Then add 1 more matte black seed bead, and weave the second half of the row using the opaque white seed beads.
- Repeat step 4 three more times, so you have four concentric rows that are half red and half white, separated by a line of matte black beads. See photo for reference.
- Guide your needle through your beadwork so it is exiting a red seed bead in the middle of the outermost row. Add 10 red seed beads to your needle, and sew back down through the original bead, creating a beaded loop. Sew through the loop again to reinforce it. Weave in your thread tails and cut off the excess thread.
- Take one silver earring hook and open the loop the same way you would open a jump ring. Slide on the beaded loop from the previous step. Close the loop of the earring hook.
- Enjoy your earrings!
|Ingredients||JSK-0231, JSK-0242, JSK-0026, BCP-7605, XCR-1280, FEA-3015,|