Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- To begin, please watch our video on how to do circular brick stitch bead weaving around a bead. Cut a 3 foot length of Fireline and thread a size 12 beading needle.
- Take one Czech glass 6mm white druk bead. Following the instructions in the video, create a thread bridge around the bead and use the opaque white seed beads to weave 1 complete row of circular brick stitch around the Czech glass bead in the center.
- Next, weave 1 complete row of circular brick stitch using the matte black seed beads.
- For your third row of circular brick stitch, start by adding 1 matte black seed bead and 1 red seed bead, and then weave half of the row using the red seed beads. Then add 1 more matte black seed bead, and weave the second half of the row using the opaque white seed beads.
- Repeat step 4 three more times, so you have four concentric rows that are half red and half white, separated by a line of matte black beads. See photo for reference.
- Guide your needle through your beadwork so it is exiting a red seed bead in the middle of the outermost row. Add 10 red seed beads to your needle, and sew back down through the original bead, creating a beaded loop. Sew through the loop again to reinforce it. Weave in your thread tails and cut off the excess thread.
- Take one cell phone charm adapter plug and use pliers to open the jump ring that comes attached to the plug. Slide on the beaded loop from the previous step. Close the jump ring.
- Plug the adapter into the audio jack of your smartphone, and enjoy your cell phone charm!
|Ingredients||JSK-0231, JSK-0242, JSK-0026, BCP-7605, XCR-1280,|