Opelon Stretch Bead Cord, 0.7mm 5 Meters, 1 Spool, White
- Finally, the secret's out: you can churn out large quantities of stretchy bracelets and anklets - fast.
- How do those other jewelry makers do it? How do they sell stretchy bracelets so cheap, when it's such a pain to poke that clear stretchy cord through each bead one by one?
- Well, here's the secret. You Need TWO THINGS: First, you need the right kind of needle, called The Big Eye Needle (see our Jewelry Making Supplies).
- Second, you need THIS FIBROUS STRETCH CORD! This cord has several advantages over that clear stretch cord; (1) it doesn't get longer and lose elasticity with wear, (2) it is more stretchy (hey, it's pure Lycra Spandex!), so it's ideal for making anklets that are small enough for an ankle, but can easily be stretched big enough to glide over a foot; and (3) it can be put through the right kind of needle! Oh, and (4) it can be knotted, and the knots will be small enough to hide inside a 4mm bead.
- Quantity: 5 meters (just over 16.4 feet unstretched.) Measurement: Approximately .7mm unstretched. Stretches thinner.
Instructions for use:
This cord is not suitable for very heavy beads, nor should it be used with beads with sharp or abrasive surfaces, such as some ceramic or metal beads. We have used it without any problems with metal spacers and glass beads up to 8mm. Do not use this thread with beads whose holes are so small that the needle must be forced, such as small pearls. Knot this cord to finish your bracelets, do not use crimp beads, as they will fray the cord.
- SKU: XCR-2228
- Weight: 0.64 oz
Flying Over Flowers Bracelet
Stillness Stretch Bracelet
Retired - Show Me the Way Bracelet
New Age Wisdom Bracelet
Retired - Montpellier Bracelet
Chakra Bracelet with Swarovski Crystals
Retired - Stacked Scorpio Bangles
Retired - Red Velvet Stretch Bracelet
Retired - Cora Bracelet
Iris Moon Bracelet
Retired - Brown Sugar Bracelet
Retired - Trio of Meditation Bracelets
Good Luck Bracelet
Sugar Skull Bracelet
Gingerbread House Bracelet