Designer: Alexandra Smith
Skill Level: Beginner
This gothic style necklace suggests the grandeur of cathedral arches and pipe organs. A Zola Elements chandelier pendant is adorned with glistening crimson and amber beaded cable chain. The pendant hangs from 30 inches of Moroccan link chain, no clasp required.
These instructions will make a 31 inch necklace. For a longer or shorter necklace, choose your desired length of Moroccan link chain. If you wish to use a clasp, we recommend a lobster clasp and jump ring. You can use an awl to widen the links of your beaded cable chain to fit onto the jump rings.
- You may want to start by watching the video: How to Properly Cut Gemstone Chain. This video offers helpful tips for cutting the beaded cable chain for this project.
- Use flush cutters to cut the following lengths of beaded cable chain: 2 inches (x 2), 1 5/8 inches (x 2), 1 1/4 inches (x 2), 1 1/8 inches (x 2), and 1 inch (x 2). Note: loose beads will come off of your chain as you cut the links, so use care when measuring to account for the loss of length when this happens. Set chains aside.
- To hang your chains from the previous step onto the Zola Elements pendant: Use pliers to open a 4mm jump ring and slide on the end link of one of your 2 inch chains. Also slide on one of the innermost holes of your pendant (fifth hole in from either the left or right side, see photo for reference). Close the jump ring.
- Next, repeat the process described in step three to hang a 1 5/8 inch length of chain from the next hole down on your pendant.
- Continue to hang one of each of your remaining 3 chains of shorter length in this same manner, working toward the outside of your pendant in a graduated fashion.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 to hang chains from the opposite side of your pendant.
- To attach chain at the top of your pendant: Cut a 30 inch length of Moroccan link chain. Open a jump ring and slide on one end link of your chain. Also slide on the hole on one side at the top of your pendant. Close the jump ring. Repeat this process to attach the other end of the chain to the opposite side of your pendant.
- Enjoy your necklace!
- PZE-017 - Zola Elements Pendant, Gothic Arch Chandelier 67mm, 1 Piece, Satin Gold Tone
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- CHA-0257 - Zola Elements Bulk Chain, Beaded Cable Links 2x3mm, By the Foot, Gold Tone / Spice Mix
Project uses 18 inches. You will need 2 packages.
- CHA-0416 - Gold Plated Bulk Chain, 7 & 3mm Moroccan Links, Sold By The Foot
Project uses 30 inches. You will need 3 packages.
- FJR-5452 - 22K Gold Plated Open Jump Rings 4mm 22 Gauge (50)
Project uses 12 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5600 - Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - For Cutting Beading Wire, 1 Piece
- XTL-0034 - Wubbers Classic Series Round Nose Quality Jeweller's Pliers
- XTL-0020 - Baby Wubbers Quality Fine Chain Nose Jeweller's Pliers
- XTL-4003 - Beadsmith Bead And Pearl Knotting Fine Point Steel Awl
|Theme||Vintage Look, Christmas|
|Ingredients||PZE-017, CHA-0257, CHA-0416, FJR-5452,|
Useful Techniques & Learning Guides
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Piece.
$3.21 / Package | SKU: PZE-017
You will need 2 package(s).
1 package = 1 Foot.
$5.45 / Package | SKU: CHA-0257
You will need 3 package(s).
1 package = By The Foot.
$5.45 / Package | SKU: CHA-0416
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 50 Pieces.
$3.99 / Package | SKU: FJR-5452
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$22.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-5600
$36.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-0034
$23.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-0020
$3.39 / Package | SKU: XTL-4003