Mighty Crimping Pliers Large Crimpers For 3mm Crimps
Ships from the U.S.A.
Earn 28 Reward Points
with this product.
- From the same people who brought you the original crimping pliers, comes this new model - made for crimping 3mm wide size crimp beads.
- Measurements: Pliers are 5.25 inches long, tips are 3mm at the narrowest point. Lap joint construction.
- NOTE: These pliers are intended for beading and other fine hobby work. Not recommended for heavy duty applications such as automotive, home improvement, or maritime use.
- If you are unfamiliar with the way crimping pliers work, please read the following and consult the diagram at left. THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR PLIERS. It's actually very easy to do - after following the instructions once, you probably won't need them ever again.
- The crimper is a hand-tool which forms a smooth unobtrusive crimp, banishing forever the unsightly sharp-edged crimp formed by conventional flattening methods. It forms a finished crimp whose diameter is smaller than the original crimp bead. If desired the crimp can be hidden in a crimp bead cover, a clamshell type bead tip, or slipped into a large hole bead.
- (See diagram). After the last bead (A), the jewelry wire or monofilament (B) is passed throught the crimp bead (C) - around the clasp or jump-ring (D) - back through the crimp (C) - and optionally back through the last bead (A).
- In Step 1, the crimp bead or tube is fully secured to the cord in the crimping station (E). Best results are obtained when the two wires are positioned on either side of the center dimple. The resulting crimped bead now has a valley or dimple in the middle. In Step 2, the final shaping is carried out in the rounding station (F), where the bead is, in essence, folded over itself and compacted, making it smaller and causing it to grip the wire or cord very tightly.
Useful Techniques & Learning Guides