Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- To begin, please watch our video on how to do square stitch bead weaving. You will be making three square stitch components, which you will connect with beading wire later on.
- Cut a 4 foot length of Fireline thread and thread a size 12 beading needle.
- Attach a stopper bead on one end of your thread, leaving an 8 inch tail. Then string your first row of 3 beads: 1 pyrite rondelle bead, 1 pyrite cube bead, 1 pyrite rondelle bead.
- Continue weaving square stitch, using the same pattern of 3 beads in each row, until your piece is 6 rows long. Tie off and weave in your thread tails. Set this piece aside.
- Repeat steps 2-4 two more times, so you have a total of three pyrite square stitch pieces.
- Using flush cutters, cut six 10 inch lengths of bronze colored beading wire.
- Take one length of beading wire and string one antiqued brass crimp bead about an inch from one end. Take your wire back through the crimp bead and pull snug, leaving a small loop. Crimp the crimp bead using crimping pliers. Leave the wire tail in place to reinforce the strand.
- String 6 green aventurine beads. Then thread the beading wire through the holes of the beads in the top row of one pyrite square stitch component. String 6 more green aventurine beads. Then thread the beading wire through the holes of the top row of the second square stitch component. String 6 more green aventurine beads. Then thread the beading wire through the holes of the top row of the third square stitch component. Last, string 6 more green aventurine beads.
- String another crimp bead and slide it down to the end of your strung beads. Take the wire back through the crimp bead and pull snug. Crimp the crimp bead using crimping pliers. Cut off the excess wire with flush cutters.
- Repeat steps 7-9 five more times, threading beaded wire strands through the five remaining rows of the square stitch components. When you're done, you should have strands of green aventurine through all 6 rows of the beaded pyrite pieces.
- Open a jump ring. Slide it through the loops of the top 3 beading wire ends on one side of the bracelet, and also string half of one magnetic clasp. Close the jump ring.
- Open another jump ring. Slide it through the bottom 3 beading wire loops on the same side of the bracelet, and also string half of your second magnetic clasp. Close the jump ring.
- Repeat steps 11-12 to finish the other side of the bracelet, being careful not to mix up the halves of the two magnetic clasps.
- Enjoy your bracelet!
- SPPY-06 - Gemstone Pyrite 'Fool's Gold' 6mm Cube Beads - 30 Beads (Bronze-Brown)
Project uses 18 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- SPPY-30 - Pyrite Fool's Gold Faceted Rondelle Beads 4x6mm (20 Beads)
Project uses 36 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- SPAV-14 - Green Aventurine 4mm Round Beads / 15 Inch Strand
Project uses 144 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- XCR-1285 - FireLine Braided Beading Thread, 4lb Test and 0.005 Thick, 15 Yards, Smoke Gray
Project uses 12 feet. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-67563 - Beadalon Beading Wire Bronze 7 Strand .015 Inch / 30Ft
Project uses 5 feet. You will need 1 package.
- FCR-1260 - Economy Barrel Crimp Beads 2x1.5mm Antiqued Brass (50)
Project uses 12 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- FJR-5175 - Antiqued Brass Open Jump Rings 7mm 19 Gauge (20)
Project uses 4 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- FCL-6825 - Magnetic Clasp, 6x4.5mm, 4 Clasp Sets, Antiqued Brass Plated
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3006 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)
- XTL-0109 - Beadsmith Extra-Fine Thread Snips - Cuts Textiles, Yarn, And More!
- XTL-5600 - Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - For Cutting Beading Wire, 1 Piece
- XTL-5230 - Double Notch Crimping Pliers - Works on 2mm And 3mm Crimps
- XTL-5511 - Beadsmith Jeweller's Micro Pliers Chain Nose Flat Nose
- XTL-5514 - Beadsmith Jewelry Fine Round Nose Micro Pliers
|Theme||St. Patrick's Day|
|Ingredients||SPAV-14, XCR-1285, XCR-67563, FCR-1260, FJR-5175, FCL-6825,|