Designer: Kat Silvia
Skill Level: Intermediate
Break out your rocker side with this gun metal and pyrite fringe chain necklace.
This necklace measures approximately 16.5 inches. To modify the length, simply adjust the length of chain on both sides respectively.
- Cut off 16 inches of gun metal chain. Set aside.
- Cut off gun metal chain in these lengths: cut two lengths of 11 links. Cut two lengths of 13 links. Cut two lengths of 15 links. Cut one length of 17 links.
- Cut the gemstone chain in these lengths. NOTE: when you cut the lengths, keep all loops intact. Cut two lengths of 7 links. Cut two lengths of 8 links. Cut two lengths of 9 links.
- Cut off 6 gemstones. Take one headpin and string on one gemstone. Make a wrapped wire loop attaching it to the last loop of a length of gemstone chain. Trim any excess wire. Repeat for all six lengths of gemstone chain.
- Lay out the 16 inch chain. Move 25 links in and open one jump ring and attach the length of gun metal chain 11 links long. Close the jump ring.
- Move two links along the top chain and, using another jump ring, attach one length of gemstone chain 8 links long (including the wrapped wire gemstone at the end).
- In the same manner, move two lengths over and attach the gun metal chain 13 links long.
- Move two lengths over and attach the gemstone chain 9 links long.
- Move two lengths over and attach the gun metal chain 15 links long.
- Move two lengths over and attach the gemstone chain 10 links long.
- Move two lengths over and attach the gun metal chain 17 links long. This is the center length. Next repeat the above order in reverse to decrease the graduation of the fringe.
- At the end of the 16 inch length of chain attach one lobster clasp to final link in the chain with a jump ring.
- CHA-9928 - Gun Metal Flat Oval Cable Chain 6mm - Bulk By The Foot
Project uses 40 Inches. You will need 4 packages.
- CHX-1317 - Gun Metal Wire Wrapped Gemstone Chain, 4mm Pyrite Rondelles, 1 Inch, Natural Gold
Project uses 14 pieces. You will need 14 packages.
- FJR-1104 - Gun Metal Plated Open Jump Rings Gunmetal Plated Oval 5x4mm (50)
Project uses 14 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- FHP-5421 - Gun Metal Head Pins 2 Inches 24 Gauge (X50)
Project uses 6 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- FCL-4732 - Gun Metal Plated Curved Lobster Clasps 15mm (6)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5600 - Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - For Cutting Beading Wire, 1 Piece
- XTL-5511 - Beadsmith Jeweller's Micro Pliers Chain Nose Flat Nose
- XTL-5514 - Beadsmith Jewelry Fine Round Nose Micro Pliers
|Ingredients||CHA-9928, CHX-1317, FJR-1104, FHP-5421, FCL-4732,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 4 package(s).
1 package = By The Foot.
$3.79 / Package | SKU: CHA-9928
You will need 14 package(s).
1 package = 1 Inch.
$2.39 / Package | SKU: CHX-1317
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 6 Pieces.
$3.45 / Package | SKU: FCL-4732
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$22.85 / Package | SKU: XTL-5600
$7.89 / Package | SKU: XTL-5511
$7.69 / Package | SKU: XTL-5514