Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- Cut a 3 foot length of FireLine, and string a size 12 beading needle.
- String 1 Arcos par Puca bead curved away from the needle, 1 GemDuo through the top hole, 1 Arcos curved toward the needle, and 1 green fire polished bead. Repeat this pattern 6 times. Then add 1 more Arcos curved away from the needle, 1 GemDuo through the top hole, and 1 Arcos curved toward the needle. Slide the beads down, leaving a 6 inch tail.
- Sew down into the bottom hole of the last Arcos strung, then sew through the bottom hole of the adjacent GemDuo, and through the bottom hole of the next Arcos bead. Pick up a blue dagger bead. Continue sewing through the bottom holes of your beads, adding a dagger bead between each Arcos unit, until you get to the end of the beaded focal. (Tip: You can use the thread tail to help pull and situate your beads, so they sit in a curve that will follow the curve of your neck.)
- Sew into the upper hole of the first Arcos bead strung and sew through the upper holes of all of your beads again to reinforce the bead woven focal. When you get to the end, you should have a thread tail coming out of each side of the focal.
- With your thread exiting the top hole of the last Arcos, string 1 green fire polished bead, 1 closed 4mm jump ring, and 1 green fire polished bead. Sew into the middle hole of the Arcos bead. Sew back out top hole of the same Arcos and through the newly added beads again. Tie off and weave in your thread tail.
- Repeat step 5 on the other side of the bead woven focal to attach another closed 4mm jump ring and tie off the thread.
- Using flush cutters, cut two 5 inch lengths of matte gold rolo chain.
- Open a 5mm jump ring. Slide it through first link of one piece of chain, and also the 4mm jump ring on one end of the bead woven focal. Close jump ring.
- Repeat step 8 to add chain to the other side of the beaded focal.
- Open another 5mm jump ring. Slide it through the last link of chain on one side, and also the loop of the clasp. Close the jump ring.
- Open another 5mm jump ring. Slide it through the last link of chain on the other side of the necklace. Close the jump ring. Enjoy your necklace!
- BCP-046 - Czech Glass, Dagger Beads with Laser Etched Eye Design 5x16mm, 25 Pieces, Indigo
Project uses 7 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- BCT-746 - Czech Glass Arcos par Puca, 3-Hole Semi-Circular Beads 5x10mm, 30 Pieces, Matte Light Gold
Project uses 16 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- BCP-00178 - True2 Czech Fire Polished Glass, Faceted Round Beads 2mm, 50 Pieces, Pastel Olivine
Project uses 11 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- BCT-0101 - Czech Glass GemDuo, 2-Hole Diamond Shaped Beads 8x5mm, 8 Grams, Backlit Petrol
Project uses 8 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- CHA-99959 - Matte Gold Plated Slim Rolo Chain 2mm Bulk By The Foot
Project uses 10 inches. You will need 1 package.
- FCL-2539 - Matte Gold Plated Sleek Lobster Claw Clasps 12mm (6)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- FJR-4021 - 22K Gold Plated Closed Jump Rings 4mm 20 Gauge (20)
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- FJR-5457 - 22K Gold Plated Open Jump Rings 5mm 21 Gauge (50)
Project uses 4 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3006 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)
- XTL-5614 - BeadSmith Tools, Thread Snips 4.25 Inches Long, 1 Piece
- XTL-5511 - Beadsmith Jeweller's Micro Pliers Chain Nose Flat Nose
- XTL-5514 - Beadsmith Jewelry Fine Round Nose Micro Pliers
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
|Ingredients||BCP-046, BCT-746, BCP-00178, BCT-0101, CHA-99959, FCL-2539, FJR-4021, FJR-5457,|