Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- To start, please watch our video on how to do tubular herringbone stitch bead weaving. Cut a 3 foot length of Fireline and thread a size 12 beading needle.
- Begin by weaving a ladder stitch base row 4 beads long, using the rose gold 11/0 seed beads. Leave a 6 inch tail on the end of your thread.
- Based on the technique shown in the tubular herringbone video, join the ends of the foundation row together so it is closed up into a tight square. Your tubular piece will work up with 2 herringbone columns.
- Weave your second row using the ivory pearl 11/0 seed beads. Alternate rows of each color, until you have 9 rows total including the foundation row. When you're finished, sew up so your needle is exiting a rose gold bead on the first side of the top row.
- Add 1 rose gold bead between the two beads of that column and sew down through the second bead.
- Pick up 1 rose gold bead and add it between the two herringbone columns of your tubular piece. Sew up through the first rose gold bead of the opposite column.
- Repeat steps 5-6 to finish the other side of the top row of your tubular piece. Weave in your thread tail and cut off the excess thread.
- Move to the other end of the tubular piece and thread your needle on the thread tail you left in step 2. Weave 2 more rows of herringbone stitch: 1 ivory row and 1 rose gold row. When you're finished, sew up so your needle is exiting a rose gold bead on the first side of the top row.
- Repeat steps 5-7 to finish the second end of the tubular herringbone piece.
- Take 1 rose gold headpin and string 1 Austrian crystal crystal creamrose pearl. Then slide the tubular herringbone bead woven piece onto the headpin. Then string 1 more Austrian crystal crystal pearl.
- Make a simple wire loop on the end of the headpin.
- Take a rose gold earring hook and open the loop the same way you would open a jump ring. Slide on the wire loop of the headpin. Close the loop of the earring hook.
- Enjoy your earrings!
|Ingredients||SWP-8004, JSK-0354, JSK-0064, XCR-1280, FHP-1104, FEA-1218,|