Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- Cut one length of 2 feet of cord and one length of 8 feet of cord.
- Fold each cord in half and tie an overhand knot joining the two cords together forming a loop.
- Put the loop into the Macrame Board to anchor it. Place the shorter ends in the bottom of the board.
- To each longer end, place a piece of tape to the ends of the cords to form a "needle" to thread on the closed jump rings. Add the jump rings evenly to both cords. At the end of each cord tie an overhand knot to keep the jump rings from falling off as you work.
- For this next step, please watch the video: How to Use Closed Jump Rings in Macrame Square Knots. For this design you will begin knotting with jump rings right away.
- Knot until you have 6 inches of knotting.
- Bring all four cords together and make one overhand knot binding them. Trim the ends of the cord leaving about 1/2 inch tails.
- All done!
- FJR-4022 - Gun Metal Plated Closed Jump Rings 4mm 20 Gauge (20)
Project uses 100 pieces. You will need 5 packages.
- XCR-4485 - Waxed Cotton Cord, 2mm Round, 4 Meters / 13.1 Feet, Black
Project uses 10 Feet. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5700 - Fiskars 5 Precision Tip Scissors - Super Sharp
- XTL-6120 - BeadSmith Mini Macrame Board For Braiding 9x6 Inches