Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since
this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Cut two 4' lengths of Super-Lon red and two 18" lengths of Super-Lon red.
- Take one 4' length and one 18" length and fold them each in half, with the center folds together. Insert the folded ends of your cord down through one loop of the heart connector link so that a loop is formed coming out the bottom of the link. Then bring the ends of the cord (all four pieces) through the loop and pull tight to form a larks head knot.
- Use the longer cords to tie square knots onto the shorter cords. Continue until the knotting measures about 2" and then finish off your knotting as demonstrated in this video. Make sure to add a dab of E6000 into the knot and trim the outside cords close after the glue dries.
- Repeat this process with the other lengths of cord on the other side of the heart connector.
- Measure about 3" from the end of the knotting and tie the inner cords together in an overhand knot on each side.
- Then using the scraps of S-Lon, create a sliding knot clasp with four square knots as demonstrated in this video. (Make sure to use a dab of E6000 into the knot and trim the outside cords close after the glue dries.)
(scroll down for purchase options)
- FCO-7119 - Crystal Encrusted 2-Ring Heart Shaped Connector 41.5x14.5mm - Silver Plated (1)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-4245 - BeadSmith Super-Lon Cord - Size 18 Twisted Nylon - Shanghai Red / 77 Yard Spool
Project uses 1 spool. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-1054 - E6000 Industrial Strength Glue Adhesive (0.18 fl oz)
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5700 - Fiskars 5 Precision Tip Scissors - Super Sharp