Meet the Furry Family of Beadaholique!
As the summer of 2022 flew by, I remember thinking on International Cat Day (August 8th) and International Dog Day (August 26th) that I needed to share our furry friends with all our beading friends and community. Then vacations happened, back-to-school happened, and life just kept whizzing by. Now as fall has officially arrived, I am happy to finally be writing this post and sharing with everyone some of the wonderful companions to the team members at Beadaholique.
First off, meet Cassiopeia, AKA Cassi. She is a Husky-Collie mix and she is 9 years old.
- Favorite Activity: Car Rides!
- Favorite Toy: Napkins and paper towels (I love shredding them to pieces).
- Favorite Treat: Bell peppers.
- What I do best: Convince humans to give me treats!
- One word to describe me: Cuddly.
Next up is Pedro. He is a short-hair black cat and is 7 years old. He and Cassi were raised together and rescued from a shelter together in 2020.
- Favorite Activity: Running around my house at 3am.
- Favorite Toy: Sushi plushies.
- Favorite Treat: Anything cat nip flavored!
- What I do best: Take naps in sunbeams.
- One word to describe me: Hungry.
Please meet Baxter. Baxter is 1.5 years old and is a Treeing Walker Coonhound.
- Favorite Activity: Eating. Is this even a question?
- Favorite Toy: Anything with stuffing I can de-stuff.
- Favorite Treat: Ice cream drives me crazy.
- What I do best: I’m very good at finding one tiny, dropped piece of kibble no matter where it is. Obsessively pacing by the oven? There’s a piece of kibble you dropped under it the other day and I’m not going to stop until you fish it out for me.
- One word to describe me: Stubborn.
Last but definitely not least, please meet 3 year old Ember! Jake is her older brother. Ember was one of the many kittens captured as part of a TNR campaign (trap-neuter-release) of a feral cat colony. She and all her littermates found homes.
- Favorite Activity: Sleeping.
- Favorite Toy: Insects.
- Favorite Treat: I also like ice cream. The dog is copying me.
- What I do best: I’m very good at jumping and finding high places and then being too scared to make my way down and instead crying and crying until I’m rescued.
- One word to describe me: Curious.
Do you have a furry friend that keeps you company (or distracts you) when you're beading? Have any of them inspired your designs? For more animal-related fun, be sure to check our our free beading projects and patterns featuring animals.