Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- If you are new to loom weaving, please watch our video: How to Use the Baby Jewel Loom.
- For this design we will be using wire. Our video How to Use the Baby Jewel Loom with Artistic Wire will walk you through this process. You will use approximately 8 feet of 26 gauge hematite wire to set up your loom as shown in the video. For this pattern, you will need 8 warp wires.
- Please see our Printer Friendly PDF for Full Color Beading Pattern. Follow along with the pattern to create your wirework loom pendant in the manner shown in the video. For this project, you will be using size 4 Griffin Silk and 6/0 seed beads.
- Finish off the ends of the warp wires using wrapped wire loops as shown in the video. For this project you will string two wires through each of four bead caps on either side of your beadwork (see photo for reference).
- Use flush cutters to cut one 22 inch length of ladder chain, and the following lengths of cable chain: two 0.75 inch lengths, ten 1 inch lengths, and four 1.25 inch lengths. Also cut six 3 inch lengths of 24 gauge wire. Set aside.
- Take one 3 inch length of wire and make a wrapped wire loop on one side, latching the loop onto one end of your ladder chain. Onto the wire, string one bead cap, one white seed bead, and one bead cap. Make another wrapped wire loop on the other side of the beads.
- Using the technique demonstrated in this video, create two more beaded chain links like you did in the previous step, connecting them in the order shown (see photo for reference). Before closing the end loop of your pink bead, slide one of each 0.75 and 1 inch lengths of cable chain. Close the loop.
- Repeat the previous two steps to add beaded links and cable chains on the opposite side of your ladder chain.
- Use pliers to open a 4mm jump ring, and attach the 0.75 inch cable chain from the previous step onto the endmost loop one one side of your pendant. Then open another jump ring and attach the 1 inch cable chain onto the adjacent loop of your pendant. Repeat this step on the opposite side of your necklace.
- To create your cable chain tassels: Open a jump ring and slide on one 1 inch chain, one 1.25 inch chain, and one 1 inch chain. Also slide on a loop on the opposite side of your pendant. Repeat this step three more times on the remaining loops of your pendant. Enjoy your necklace!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: (scroll down for purchase options)
- JSF-0164 - Toho Round Seed Beads 6/0 108BD 'Transparent Lustered Teal' 8 Gram Tube
Project uses 32 beads. You will need 1 package.
- JSF-0064 - Toho Round Seed Beads 6/0 #147 - Ceylon Light Ivory ( 8 Grams)
Project uses 18 beads. You will need 1 package.
- JSF-0143 - Toho Round Seed Beads 6/0 960 'Lt Topaz/Pink Lined' 8 Gram Tube
Project uses 13 beads. You will need 1 package.
- WCR-2641 - Artistic Wire, Silver Plated Craft Wire 26 Gauge Thick, 15 Yard Spool, Gunmetal/Hematite
Project uses 8 feet. You will need 1 package.
- WNT-2436 - Wire Elements, Tarnish Resistant Hematite Wire, 24 Gauge 30 Yards (27.4 Meters)
Project uses 18 inches. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-9401 - Griffin Silk Beading Cord & Needle Size 4 White
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- BMB-3287 - TierraCast Fine Silver Plated Pewter Scalloped Bead Caps 3.5mm (12)
Project uses 20 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- FJR-5453 - Gun Metal Plated Open Jump Rings 4mm 22 Gauge (50)
Project uses 8 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- CHA-9747 - Gun Metal Plated Ladder Chain, 3.7mm, by the Foot
Project uses 22 inches. You will need 2 packages.
- CHA-2603 - Final Sale - Gun Metal Plated Cable Chain, 2.5mm, by the Foot
Project uses 16.5 inches. You will need 2 packages.
- XTL-6139 - Beadalon Baby Jewel Loom By Julianna C. Avelar, Compact and Portable
- XTL-100 - Micro Grip Pliers, Side Cutters, 4.5 Inches Long, 1 Piece
- XTL-101 - Micro Grip Pliers, Long Chain Nose, 5 Inches Long, 1 Piece
- XTL-104 - Micro Grip Pliers, Round Nose, 5 Inches Long, 1 Piece
- XTL-0074 - Eurotool Nylon Jaw Pliers Chain Nose- For Scratch-Free Wire Work
- XTL-3166 - BeadSmith Big Eye Beading Needles 2.125 Inches Long - Pack Of 4
- XTL-9920 - Beadaholique Beading Mat, 12.5x9.25 Inches, 1 Piece
|Ingredients||JSF-0164, JSF-0064, JSF-0143, WCR-2641, XCR-9401, BMB-3287, FJR-5453, CHA-9747,|