Designer: Andrea Morici
Skill Level: Intermediate
Beadaholique's cruelty-free answer to the ever popular wrap bracelet. Made with agate stones, a mermaid button clasp by Green Girl, and high quality waxed cotton cord as a leather alternative.
For a video demonstration, see How to Make a Chan Luu Style Wrapped Bracelet
- Begin by cutting a three foot length of waxed cotton cord. (NOTE: This is the length used to create a bracelet that wraps comfortably around your wrist twice. If you would like to make it so that it wraps more than twice, measure your wrist with at least a half an inch of slack, double that number, and add it to the three feet. Just remember that you may have to purchase more agate stones in order to complete a longer bracelet. This project calls for two packages of stones to give you more freedom and choices.)
- Fold the length of cord in half. Thread the button clasp onto one end of the cord and pull it all the way down until it rests in the center crease.
- Cut your length of black Wildfire thread, add a needle and double the string.
- Using the ends of the thread, tie a double knot around the two lengths of cord directly next to the button clasp.
- Wrap the thread around one side of the cord several times, until you get about half an inch away from the button clasp.
- Thread an agate bead onto your needle and push it all the way down until it rests between the two lengths of cord on the "bottom" length. Wrap your thread once around the top length of cord, thread your needle through the same agate bead, and pull tight, so that the bead fits snugly between the two pieces of cord.
- Wrap your thread around the bottom cord once, and add another agate bead. Repeat previous step, making sure to mix up all of the colors.
- Continue in this manner until your bracelet reaches its desired length.
- When you reach the end of your bracelet, tie the remainder of your thread around itself in a double knot and trim off excess.
- Gather both pieces of cord and tie them in a simple knot, close to the final bead. About one inch away from that knot, tie another. Tie one more knot an inch down from that one. This makes your bracelet adjustable.
- Using a sharp pair of scissors, trim off excess cord about one inch away from the final knot.
- XCR-4150 - Japanese Premium Waxed Cotton Necklace or Knotting Cord 1.6mm Black - 10 Feet
Project uses 3 feet. You will need 1 package.
- SPAG-55 - Agate Color Mix - 6mm Round Beads /15.5 Inch Strand
Project uses 56 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- XCR-8935 - Wildfire Thermal Bonded Beading Thread .006 Inch - Black - 50 Yd
Project uses 10 feet. You will need 1 package.
- PND-9300 - Green Girl Studios Button Pendant Bead, 20mm Mermaid, 1 Piece, Pewter
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3005 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 10 - 4 Needles
|Ingredients||XCR-4150, SPAG-55, XCR-8935, PND-9300,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 10 Feet.
$2.99 / Package | SKU: XCR-4150
You will need 2 package(s).
1 package = 1 Strand.
$1.76 / Package | SKU: SPAG-55
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Spool.
$8.47 / Package | SKU: XCR-8935
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$2.81 / Package | SKU: XTL-3005