Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- Paint Vintaj black patina all over the outside of a 2" brass flat cuff, holding it by the inside. When it dries, hold it by the outside and paint the inside. Then do the edges, one at a time. When you have the entire cuff painted and dried, apply another coat. Apply a third coat if the color is not uniform and opaque. Allow the patina to dry completely between and after coats.
- Use a pair of flush cutters to cut five lengths of 24pp silver plated jet rhinestone cup chain that are each 14 links long. Trim both ends of each piece close to the last links.
- Place a thin line of E6000 glue in the center of your cuff, running across the width. Press a piece of cup chain along this line, condensing the links together to fill the width of the cuff. Make sure to keep your chain in as straight of a line as possible. As you place your embellishments, refer to the project photos for placement reference. Allow the glue to set between each row of chain or beads so that it doesn't get pushed around as you place the next row.
- Run a line of glue about 1/8" to one side of your first chain piece, parallel to the chain. Working quickly so the glue is still wet, use tweezers to place bugle beads in a row across this glue line. They should sit at about a 30 degree angle with their ends flush against the chain. Place 5 black beads, then 6 silver lined beads, then 5 black beads, and finally 6 silver lined beads. Again, refer to the photo for placement reference. If your glue is drying before you finish placing beads, apply the glue to one half of the row at a time.
- Run another line of glue about 1/8" away from the last row of beads. Place another row of beads, matching the colors to the first row, but angling the beads the other way to complete the second half of the chevron. See the photo for placement details.
- Next, place two rows of beads in the same way to the other side of the center chain.
- Glue down another length of chain, as you did the first, next to each second row of beads.
- Place two more rows of beads next to each of these chains.
- Then place a length of chain next to each of the last two rows of beads.
- Allow all of the glue to dry thoroughly before wearing.
- JB-2574 - Solid Brass Flat Cuff Bracelet Base 50.8mm (2 Inches) Wide (1 Piece)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-9078 - Vintaj Patina Opaque Permanent Ink - Black Onyx - 0.5 Ounce Bottle
Project uses 1 bottle. You will need 1 package.
- CHA-10112 - Czech Crystal Silver Plated Rhinestone Cup Chain 24PP Jet Black (By The Foot)
Project uses 70 links. You will need 2 packages.
- JSB-2011 - Toho Bugle Tube Beads Size 3 2x9mm Silver Lined Crystal 10 Grams
Project uses 96 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- JSB-2032 - Toho Bugle Tube Beads Size 3 2x9mm Opaque Jet 10 Grams
Project uses 80 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-1054 - E6000 Industrial Strength Glue Adhesive (0.18 fl oz)
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
- XTL-4000 - Beadsmith Bead And Pearl Knotting Tweezers
|Ingredients||JB-2574, XTL-9078, CHA-10112, JSB-2011, JSB-2032, XTL-1054,|