Designer: Kat Silvia
Skill Level: Intermediate
This wire wrapped bangle uses a figure 8 basket weave pattern with alternating gold beads and Swarovski crystals.
- Prepare your spool of 26g wire, by stringing on 1 gold bead, 1 crystal and repeat that pattern until you have 41 gold beads and 40 crystals. You will start and finish with gold beads. Set this spool aside.
- Cut off two lengths of 16g wire, 15 inches each.
- Take your round nose pliers and make a wire loop at one end of each wire.
- Hold the two wire in front of you with each loop facing away from each other. Please see photo for reference.
- Take the 26g wire and you will be making a wire wrapped basket weave figure 8 around the two 16g wires. Begin by wrapping the 26g wire 3 times around one 16g wire. Cross over and continue the figure 8 wrap on the other 16g wire three times.
- Once you have three wraps and one bridge with the 26g wire, you will begin to add the beads.
- Slide down one gold bead, then figure 8 the wire across to the other 16g wire. Wrap three times, then slide down one crystal bead and figure 8 across to the other wire.
- Continue in this manner for the remainder of the beads.
- When you come to the final gold bead do one last weave to create a bridge without a bead to finish it off.
- Trim the 26g wire.
- Before making the final wire loops on the 16g wire you will need to bend the wire work around a mandrel or dowel to give it the size and shape you desire.
- The wire will be stiff but will still be delicate. Wrap it around your round mandrel in a coil. See photo for reference.
- Once you have your coil, make two wire loops on the 16g wire the same as the beginning side. Trim the wire.
- All done.
- BMB-5014 - 22K Gold Plated Square Rounded Beads 4mm (x100)
Project uses 41 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- SWC-0495 - Swarovski Crystal, 5000 Round Beads 4mm, 12 Pieces, Tanzanite
Project uses 40 pieces. You will need 4 packages.
- WCR-1632 - Artistic Wire, Silver Plated Craft Wire 16 Gauge Thick, 10 Foot Coil, Gold Color
Project uses 30 Inches. You will need 1 package.
- WCR-2632 - Artistic Wire, Silver Plated Craft Wire 26 Gauge Thick, 15 Yard Spool, Gold Color
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
- XTL-9026 - Hard Wood Round Bracelet Sizing Bangle Mandrel Wire Wrapping Tool
- XTL-5488 - Xuron Jeweler's Super Fine Pliers Round Nose Pliers
- XTL-0074 - Eurotool Nylon Jaw Pliers Chain Nose- For Scratch-Free Wire Work
|Ingredients||BMB-5014, SWC-0495, WCR-1632, WCR-2632,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 100 Pieces.
$9.99 / Package | SKU: BMB-5014
You will need 4 package(s).
1 package = 12 Pieces.
$3.99 / Package | SKU: SWC-0495
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Spool.
$5.49 / Package | SKU: WCR-2632
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$22.85 / Package | SKU: XTL-5600
$15.79 / Package | SKU: XTL-9026
$29.67 / Package | SKU: XTL-5488
$12.19 / Package | SKU: XTL-0074