Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since
this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
By following the instructions below you will make one earring. Repeat all instructions to make the second earring.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Begin by watching our video: How to Wire Wrap Beads onto an Earring Hook. From what you learned in the video, wrap five beads on to the earring hook working your way towards the top. Once your hook is complete, set it aside.
- Then string one bead onto one head pin. Make a simple wire loop and then open this loop, same as you would a jump ring and attach it to one of the bottom holes of the pendant finding. Repeat this step to add four more beads to the bottom.
- Finally, open the loop of the earring hook, same as you would a jump ring, and attach it to the top of the pendant. Note: You may need to pry open the pendant a tiny bit to accommodate the hook.
(scroll down for purchase options)
- FEA-516 - Earring Findings, V-Shaped French Ear Wire with Loop 41x22mm, 2 Pairs, Gold Tone
Project uses 1 Pair. You will need 1 package.
- FCO-172 - Connector Link, Chandelier Teardrop 29x31.5mm, 2 Pieces, Brass
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- PCC-2426 - Preciosa Czech Crystal, Round Bead 4mm, 36 Pieces, Hyacinth
Project uses 20 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- WNT-2633 - Wire Elements, Tarnish Resistant Gold Color Copper Wire, 26 Gauge 34 Yards (31 Meters)
Project uses 24 Inches. You will need 1 package.
- FHP-5218 - Head Pins, 1.5 Inches Long and 21 Gauge Thick, 50 Pieces, 22K Gold Plated
Project uses 10 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-0021 - Baby Wubbers Quality Fine Round Nose Jeweller's Pliers
- XTL-0020 - Baby Wubbers Quality Fine Chain Nose Jeweller's Pliers
- XTL-5600 - Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - For Cutting Beading Wire (1 Piece)
- XTL-0074 - Eurotool Nylon Jaw Pliers Chain Nose- For Scratch-Free Wire Work