Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- Begin by watching our video on how to do a flat right angle weave. You'll be using a variation of this stitch in these earrings.
- Cut a length of Fireline thread as long as you are comfortable working with and thread a size 12 beading needle. You will need to tie off and add new thread as you work.
- String 1 green Czech glass bead, followed by 1 gold Toho demi round bead. Repeat this pattern 7 more times, so you have 16 beads strung. Bring your thread around so the beads form a loop and tie an overhand knot, leaving an 8 inch tail on the end. Double knot it for strength.
- Sew through half of the beads in the loop again so your needle is exiting a green Czech glass bead across from the knot. String 1 Austrian crystal crystal iridescent green pearl. Sew into a green Czech glass bead across the loop from where the thread is coming out of, so the pearl bead is sitting in the center of the beaded loop. Keep sewing through the beads in your loop to reinforce it.
- Exit a green Czech glass bead in the center of the far side of the beaded loop, with your needle. String 1 gold Toho demi round bead, followed by 1 green Czech glass bead. Repeat this pattern 6 more times, and then string another gold Toho demi round bead. Pass your needle back through the bead you originated from, going in the same direction, creating another beaded loop.
- Sew through half of the beads in the loop again and exit a green Czech glass bead with your needle. String 1 Austrian crystal crystal iridescent green pearl. Sew into a green Czech glass bead across the loop from where the thread is coming out of, so the pearl bead is sitting in the center of the beaded loop. Keep sewing through the beads in your loop to reinforce it.
- Repeat steps 5-6 another 10 times, so you have a total of 12 beaded units and the bracelet measures 6 inches long.
- Exit the green Czech glass bead in the middle at the far end of the last loop, as if you were going to going to create another beaded unit. String the hole of half of your gold box clasp, passing your needle from front to back through the hole. Sew back through the same green Czech glass bead, creating a loop. Then sew through the hole of the clasp again, passing your needle from back to front, and sew through the Czech glass anchor bead again. Tie off and weave in your thread tail.
- Move to the other end of the bracelet and repeat step 8, attaching the second half of the gold box clasp and reinforcing it. Tie off and weave in your thread tail.
- Enjoy your bracelet!
- SWP-8044 - Austrian Crystal, 5810 Round Faux Pearl Beads 8mm, 25 Pieces, Iridescent Green
Project uses 12 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- DRO-0030 - Toho Demi Round Seed Beads, Thin 8/0 (3mm) Size, 7.4 Grams, 712 Metallic Gold
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- BCP-33210 - Czech Fire Polished Glass, 3mm Faceted Round Beads, 50 Piece Strand, Metallic Light Green Suede
Project uses 85 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- XCR-1280 - FireLine Braided Beading Thread, 4lb Test and 0.005 Thick, 15 Yards, Crystal Clear
Project uses 12 feet. You will need 1 package.
- FCL-4820 - 23K Gold Plated Box Clasp - Bow Design With 3 Austrian crystal 17x8mm (1)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3006 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)
- XTL-0109 - Beadsmith Extra-Fine Thread Snips - Cuts Textiles, Yarn, And More!
|Theme||St. Patrick's Day, As Seen In|
|Ingredients||DRO-0030, BCP-33210, XCR-1280, FCL-4820,|