Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- In this project, you will be doing a variation of modified right angle weave with two-hole beads. Cut a length of Fireline thread as long as you are comfortable working with and thread a size 12 beading needle. As you work, you will need to tie off and add new thread.
- String 1 purple triangle bead followed by 3 gray seed beads. Repeat that pattern 5 more times, making sure all 6 two-hole triangle beads are strung through the same hole. Bring your thread around so the beads form a loop and tie an overhand knot, leaving an 8 inch tail on the end of the thread to attach your clasp later. Double-knot it for strength.
- Sew through the next triangle bead over -- the first bead strung. Then pass your needle through the second hole of the bead, so your thread is exiting the bead in the other direction. Flip all of your triangle beads so their second holes are in the middle of the circular bead unit. Sew through all of the second holes in a circular motion, joining all 6 inner holes. Sew through the inner holes a second time for security. This makes 1 complete unit.
- Sew back up through the outer hole of the first triangle bead, and through the 3 seed beads next to it. Now you will string the beads you need for the second unit. String 1 purple triangle bead followed by 3 seed beads, and repeat that pattern 4 more times. Then string 1 more triangle bead. Make sure to string every triangle bead by the same hole.
- Pass your needle through the 3 seed beads from the first unit where the second unit originated from, creating a loop. Sew through the next triangle bead over. Then pass your needle through the second hole of the bead. Connect the inner holes of all 6 triangle beads in the second unit. Keep sewing around a second time for security, and pass through the next bead past that.
- Sew back up through the outer hole of this bead, and through the 3 seed beads next to it. Add 1 triangle bead to your needle and then sew through the adjacent wall of 3 seed beads from your first beaded unit. Then string 1 triangle bead followed by 3 seed beads, and repeat that pattern 3 more times. Then string 1 more triangle bead. Make sure to string every triangle bead by the same hole.
- Sew through the 3 seed beads where the beaded unit originated from, creating a loop. Pass your needle through the next triangle bead. Then sew through the second hole of the bead. Connect the inner holes of all 6 triangle beads in the second unit. Keep sewing around a second time for security, and pass through the next bead past that.
- Repeat steps 6-7 an additional 21 times, building beaded units off of one another, until your bracelet is the desired length.
- Guide your needle through your beadwork until you are exiting the row of 3 seed beads at the top of the lower of the two beaded units on one side of the bracelet. Add 4 seed beads to your needle, followed by the loop of half of your magnetic clasp, then 1 more seed bead. Sew down into the row of 3 seed beads at the top of the higher unit on the end of the bracelet. Pass through your beadwork again to reinforce the loop. Weave in your thread tail.
- Repeat step 9 on the other side of your bracelet, attaching the second half of the magnetic clasp.
- Enjoy your bracelet!
- BCP-10811 - CzechMates 2-Hole Triangle Beads 6mm - Purple Metallic Suede (10 Gram Tube)
Project uses 2 tubes. You will need 2 packages.
- JSK-0112 - Toho Round Seed Beads 11/0 611 'Matte Opaque Gray' 8g
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-1285 - FireLine Braided Beading Thread, 4lb Test and 0.005 Thick, 15 Yards, Smoke Gray
Project uses 10 feet. You will need 1 package.
- FCL-6805 - Gun Metal Plated Magnetic Clasps 6 x 4.5mm (4 Sets)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3006 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)
- XTL-0109 - Beadsmith Extra-Fine Thread Snips - Cuts Textiles, Yarn, And More!
|Theme||Under $20 - Designer Picks, Spring|
|Ingredients||BCP-10811, JSK-0112, XCR-1285, FCL-6805,|