Designer: Julie Bean
Skill Level: Intermediate
These earrings look like they were bought on 5th Avenue with their elegant Swarovski crystal chatons pave set into clay. Combining crystal copper and golden shadow chatons adds to the classy look of the pair.
Note: You will need a pair of disposable gloves for this project. Remember to double these instructions to make your matched pair of earrings.
- Before starting this project, please watch the video: How to Use Crystal Clay
- Based upon what you learned in the video, mix up approximately 1 large pea size ball of white Crystal Clay. Press this ball into one of your antique gold hook earrings with large round bezel setting. Smooth out the ball with your finger tip so that goes to the edge of your bezel and has a nice smooth dome shape.
- Using a Magic Pick to pick up your Swarovski Crystal Chatons, start by picking up one Swarovski Crystal chaton in crystal copper and place it into the clay, as close to the edge of the bezel as you can get. Place another crystal copper chaton right next to the one just placed, being careful not to touch or overlap but otherwise as close as possible. Keep working your way along the edge of the bezel, creating a nice neat row of chatons.
- After you have completed this first row of chatons, create another row of crystal copper chatons right next to it, moving towards the center of the clay. See photo.
- For your third row of Swarovski crystal chatons, switch to the color golden shadow. Also make a fourth row of golden shadow chatons. You should now be almost to the very center of the clay. For this, just add 1 more golden shadow chaton in the very center.
- When all chatons have been placed, gently tap down their tops with your fingers to make sure they are set into the clay.
- Let cure in an upright position for 24 hours.
- FEA-8201 - Nunn Design Antiqued 24kt Gold Plated Bezel Lg Round Earrings 1 Pair
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- SWCH-51413 - Swarovski Crystal, 1088 Xirius Round Stone Chatons pp14, 40 Pieces, Crystal Copper F
Project uses 34 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- SWCH-51408 - Swarovski Crystal, 1088 Xirius Round Stone Chatons pp14, 40 Pieces, Golden Shadow F
Project uses 82 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- TRC-251 - Crystal Clay 2-Part Epoxy Clay Kit 'White' 25 Grams
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-4004 - Beadsmith Magical Rhinestone Pick Up Tool With Cleaning Kit - Great For Placing Flatback Rhinestones
|Ingredients||FEA-8201, SWCH-51413, SWCH-51408, TRC-251,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Pair.
$9.69 / Package | SKU: FEA-8201
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
The Beadsmith Magical Rhinestone Pick Up Tool With Cleaning Kit - Great For Placing Flatback Rhinestones
$17.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-4004