Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- This spray of wire wrapped sprigs in this headband is actually 5 separate springs which have been wire wrapped together. To start, please watch the video, How to Create a Wire Wrapped Beaded Sprig. There is no pattern to follow with how to wrap these sprigs, just have fun and let the wire lead you, go with the flow.
- Cut an 18" length of 28 gauge gold colored wire. Following what you learned in the video, wire wrap a floral sprig using Miyuki Delica 11/0 gilt lined white opal beads and Austrian crystal 4mm pearls in powder almond champagne. Make sure to leave a 7" wire tail. Repeat this step with another 18" length of wire.
- Repeat the above step 3 more times but with 24" lengths of wire. Make sure to leave that 7" tail each time.
- Arrange your 5 sprigs so that they have a fan shape with the 3 longest ones in the middle. Lightly twist their tales together, just enough so that they stay put. Snip any excess wire that exceeds 4"
- Cut 3 feet of 28 gauge wire. Starting up near the sprigs, neatly wire wrap the tails together. With the 3 feet of wire, you will probably only get half of the tail length wrapped. Cut another 3 feet of wire and wrap the rest. When you get to the end, snip off any excess wire.
- Position your floral sprigs with wire wrapped tails along the side of the tiara headband. See photo.
- Cut 3 lengths of wire, 12" long each. Wire wrap the tail of the springs to the band of the headband at the top, middle, and bottom. See photo for the amount of wrappings, it is about 1/2" at each point. Wrap tightly and neatly. Snip off any excess wire and press the rough end into the wrappings.
- All done! Enjoy!
- DB-221 - Miyuki Delica Seed Beads 11/0 Gilt Lined White Opal DB221 7.2 Grams
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- FCO-9016 - 22K Gold Plated Metal Tiara Headband Frame - Fun Craft Beading Project 5.5 Inches (1)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- SWP-4051 - Austrian Crystal, 5810 Round Faux Pearl Beads 4mm, 50 Pieces, Powder Almond
Project uses 30 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- WNT-2833 - Beadsmith Tarnish Resistant Gold Color Copper Wire 28 Gauge 40 Yards (36.5 Meters)
Project uses 18 inches. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
|Theme||Special Occasion, Bridal|
|Ingredients||DB-221, FCO-9016, SWP-4051, WNT-2833,|