Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- Before beginning this pattern you may find it helpful to watch our video: Tips for Advanced Brick Stitch Patterns
- Begin by watching our video: How To Do Brick Stitch Bead Weaving. From what you learned in the video, begin your first row of ladder stitch where the PDF pattern is pointing to start from. This is the longest row to use as a base. Next, please watch our video: How to Make Increases and Decreases in Brick Stitch.
- Due to the nature of this pattern, you can leave a long tail to weave down one of the "sleeves" or you can add thread as necessary as you work. I recommend working up the pattern to finish the shoulders and then completing the strand of 46 gold seed beads to hang your ornament from. You can begin this loop by coming out of the middle bead at the top row of brick stitch. Please see photo for reference. I would also recommend reinforcing this loop by retracing the weave before tying off your thread.
- At this point you may need to add more thread to weave down the bulk of the sweater and the sleeves. Because there are so many parts to this piece, don't be afraid to use smaller pieces of thread and tie off and weave in your threads as needed.
- JK-0100 - Exclusive Beadaholique Designer Palette, Miyuki Delica Seed Bead Mix, 11/0, 30 Grams, Traditional Christmas
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-1280 - FireLine Braided Beading Thread, 4lb Test and 0.005 Thick, 15 Yards, Crystal Clear
Project uses 1 Spool. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3006 - The Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)
- XTL-0117 - The Beadsmith Ultra Thread Zap, Battery Operated Thread Trimmer, 1 Piece