Designer: Megan Milliken
Skill Level: Beginner
The beautiful wire wrapped dangles in these earrings are actually pieces of pre-made chain. Get this lavish look in a snap!
By following the instructions below, you will make one earring. Repeat all instructions to make the second earring. The supplies listed include an extra inch of the gemstone chain. You'll need this to make up for lost links when the chain is cut.
- Find one of the cut ends on your chain and cut away the link that's been cut through. Keep in mind that this might take a couple of connected dangles with it.
- Measure 1.5" and find the closest join in the chain. Then cut away the next link, ensuring that you cut only the next link and not the last link in your 1.5" piece.
- Use a pair of chain nose pliers to open the loop on a gold filled ball post earring. Slide on one end of the chain by the loop at the end of the first link. Close the earring loop.
- CHX-1085 - Turquoise Gem. Drops Gold Vermeil Wire Wrapped Chain 3mm Rondelles - By The Inch
Project uses 4 inches. You will need 4 packages.
- FEA-01142 - Gold Filled Stud Earrings Ball Post & Backs (1 Pair)
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5511 - Beadsmith Jeweller's Micro Pliers Chain Nose Flat Nose
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 4 package(s).
1 package = By The Inch.
$1.99 / Package | SKU: CHX-1085
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Pair.
$8.59 / Package | SKU: FEA-01142
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$7.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-5511
$22.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-5600