Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- First, you will complete the basic right angle weave for the bracelet, then, starting in step 5, you will embellish the piece as shown in the pattern. If you are unfamiliar with Right Angle Weave, please watch our video before beginning this project.
- As you'll notice, the weave in the video uses four single beads per unit. In this design you will use four seed beads as one, so that your units will be made up of four sections of four beads.
- Begin by threading your needle with as much beading thread as you feel comfortable working with. For instruction on how to tie off and add new thread you can watch our video here.
- You will weave 24 rows of 3 units across. Your finished beading piece will measure about 7 inches.
- Once you have woven the right angle weave, follow the pattern photo for the embellishment thread path.
- Make sure your thread is exiting the four seed beads at the end of the bracelet all the way to one side, as shown. Follow the thread path down through the four outer beads, as shown. Pick up one bacon bead, go back down through the four beads to the right. Pick up another bacon bead, go back down though the four beads to the right. Continue along the thread path, picking up one bicone bead as you cross over the squares, as shown.
- For the clasp, use the thread that you may have left over from the embellishment. If you do not have thread, tie in a new length. For the clasp you do not need a very long piece, only about 3 feet.
- If you are looking at the bracelet vertically, you are going to come up in between the fourth and fifth seed bead with your needle. Go up through the first loop of the clasp, pick up three seed beads and thread back down through the fifth seed bead. Come up between the sixth and seventh bead. Go up through the second loop of the clasp, pick up three seed beads and thread back down through the seventh bead. Come up between the eighth and the ninth bead. Go up through the third loop of the clasp, pick up three seed beads and thread back down through the ninth bead. Weave in and tie off your thread.
- Repeat that for the other side of the bracelet. Make sure the seed beads stay on the same side when you do the other end of the clasp. Also, make sure that your clasp will be facing the correct way before beginning.
- SWBB-1692 - Austrian Crystal, 5328 Bicone Beads 6mm, 20 Pieces, Light Amethyst
Project uses 72 pieces. You will need 4 packages.
- JSK-0078 - Toho Round Seed Beads 11/0 201 'Gold Lustered Amethyst' 8 Gram Tube
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- FCL-5502 - Silver Plated Tube Clasp 22mm Three Rings Strands (2)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-1280 - FireLine Braided Beading Thread, 4lb Test and 0.005 Thick, 15 Yards, Crystal Clear
Project uses 1 spool. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3006 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)
- XTL-5700 - Fiskars 5 Precision Tip Scissors - Super Sharp
|Theme||Spring, Special Occasion, Bridal|
|Ingredients||JSK-0078, FCL-5502, XCR-1280,|