Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since
this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
You will need a paint brush for this project. I suggest getting a paint brush approximately the width of the channel and with a blunt tip. You will use approximately 9 inches of rhinestone cup chain for this project, however, do not precut your chain, start with the entire 12 inches.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Shake your VIntaj patina bottle well and then squeeze a small amount of paint onto a plastic baggie or plastic paint pallet. Paint an even coat of patina in the inside channel of the bangle bracelet. Make this an even thin coat. Let dry.
- Repeat the above step 3 to 5 times until you have a nice opaque layer of paint covering your channel. You do not want to see the metal of the bracelet show through the paint.
- Using the fine tip applicator of the GS HypoCement, draw a line of glue 2 inches long down the center of your painted channel. Rest into this glue one end of the rhinestone cup chain and then start laying the length of chain into the glue (flat backside against the glue). Let dry for a few minutes. Starting where you left off, draw another 2 inch glue line. Lay the chain into this glue line and let dry. Work your way all the way around your bangle repeating this process.
- When you get to within 1/2 inch of where your chain beginning and end will meet, gauge how many more chain links will fit on your bangle and snip off the excess with flush cutters. Create your last glue line and place your remaining chain links into it. Let dry.
(scroll down for purchase options)
- XTL-1001 - G S Hypo Cement Precise Applicator Essential!
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-9065 - Vintaj Patina Opaque Permanent Ink - Jade Green - 0.5 Ounce Bottle
Project uses 1 bottle. You will need 1 package.
- CHA-10108 - Czech Crystal Silver Plated Rhinestone Cup Chain 24PP Crystal (By The Foot)
Project uses 9 inches. You will need 1 package.
- JB-2662 - Nunn Design Antiqued Silver Plated Round Channel Bangle Bracelet - 2 3/4 Inch
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex