Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- Watch the instructional video: How to Make a Shambhala Bracelet Part I: Macrame Square Knots. This video will show you how to make macrame square knots.
- To begin, cut one 3' and one 10' length of pink hemp twine from a 0.7mm pastel variety pack.
- Fold the 3' length of twine in half. Then place the center of the longer piece of twine about an inch from the end of the folded piece, and create a macrame square knot.
- Make seven more square knots for a total of eight square knots (16 individual knots). Then slide a 3mm seamless sterling silver bead onto the two center cords and up to the knotting.
- Continue making 8 square knots and then adding a round bead until you have 7 beads in your bracelet. Make another set of 8 square knots, and then add a sterling silver ribbon message bead.
- Make another set of 8 square knots and continue the set of knotting/round bead pattern that you did in the first half of the bracelet. When you have added 7 beads to the second half of the bracelet, end with a section of knotting.
- Tie a knot in your longer cords on the back of your work, putting a dab of E6000 glue in the cords to hold the knot. When the glue is dry, trim the cords close to the knot, making sure not to cut the cords that were your center cords in the macrame knotting.
- Trim those center cords to about 4". Place a round bead on each of them, and tie an overhand knot near the end.
- Allow the glue to dry for at least 24 hours before wearing.
- Wrap the bracelet around the wrist twice, and then bring one of the loose cords through the loop and tie the loose ends in a bow to close.
- XCR-3548 - Beadsmith Natural Hemp Twine Bead Cord 0.55mm Four Pastel Color Variety 42 Feet Each
Project uses 13 feet. You will need 1 package.
- BMB-1642 - Sterling Silver Message Bead, Awareness Ribbon 11x8mm, 1 Piece, Antiqued Silver
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- BMB-01231 - Sterling Silver Seamless Round Beads 3mm (20)
Project uses 16 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-1054 - E6000 Industrial Strength Glue Adhesive (0.18 fl oz)
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5700 - Fiskars 5 Precision Tip Scissors - Super Sharp
|Ingredients||XCR-3548, BMB-1642, BMB-01231, XTL-1054,|