Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- After you have decided how long you want your necklace to be, take that number and add 8 inches. So for the necklace pictured, you would take 30" + 8" and arrive at 38". Cut a 38" length of Beadalon bronze color beading wire.
- Place a bead stopper on one end of the wire, leaving a 4" tail.
- First string on a brass crimp bead.
- String your beads onto your beading wire in a pleasing manner. Have fun! Use the photo as reference, but also let your creativity flow.
- Here are a couple tips on how I strung mine:
- I strung half of the necklace and then made the second half a mirror image of the first.
- I chose to use a Vintaj brass gear flower spacer bead down near the brass eye glass holder flower to accent the metal. Then for the remaining spacers, I placed them at approximately 4 inch intervals throughout the necklace.
- The Czech glass cathedral beads are so pretty, I wanted them spread throughout the necklace. I placed them about every 3 inches along the necklace.
- For the Czech glass 3 petal flowers in mustard, I chose to sometimes have them facing forward, sometimes facing backwards. Whenever I had them facing forward with a red bead in the middle (see photo), I would bracket the red bead with a Toho seed bead on each side.
- When you have strung all the beads that you want for eyeglass holder necklace, make sure you end with a crimp bead.
- Now take the wire and thread it through one of the loops on the side of your eyeglass holder flower. Bring that wire back around and through the crimp bead and several beads adjacent to it.
- Crimp the crimp bead and cut off excess wire with flush cutters.
- Go to other side of your necklace, remove the bead stopper, and repeat the previous two steps. Make sure that you pull your beads snug before crimping the bead.
- All done! Enjoy!
- BCP-1164 - Czech Pressed Glass - Round Melon Beads 5mm 'Opaque Olive/Marbled Gold' (50)
Project uses 43 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- BCP-3366 - Czech Fire Polished Glass Beads 3mm Round Mustard Yellow (50)
Project uses 30 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- BCP-3629 - Czech Fire Polished Glass Beads 6mm Round Red Coral (25)
Project uses 21 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- BCP-92147 - Czech Glass Beads Three Petal Flower 12mm Opaque Mustard Yellow (12)
Project uses 16 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- FCO-8684 -
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- FCR-1252 - Economy Brass Crimp Beads 2mm x 1.5mm (x100)
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- JSK-0123 - Toho Round Seed Beads 11/0 762 'Opaque Pastel Frosted Egg Shell' 8 Gram Tube
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-67563 - Beadalon Beading Wire Bronze 7 Strand .015 Inch / 30Ft
Project uses 38 inches. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3000 - Bead Stopper- Stop Beads Sliding Off Stringing Material
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
- XTL-5200 - Standard Size Beading Crimping Pliers (For 2x2mm & 2x1mm Crimp Beads)
|Ingredients||BCP-1164, BCP-3366, BCP-3629, BCP-92147, FCR-1252, JSK-0123, XCR-67563,|