Beadsmith Extended Life Liver of Sulfur Patina Oxidation Gel Small 1 Ounce
Ships for FREE within the U.S. for a limited time only!
- Liver of Sulfur XL gel is formulated for versatility and convenience.
- XL Gel's shelf life is many times that of dry liver of sulphur and is not degraded by light or air.
- XL Gel is used to Patina metals such as silver, copper, bronze, or metal clay.
- XL Gel is non-flammable and poses no dry inhalation hazard.
- INCOMPATIBLE WITH STRONG ACIDS OR ALCOHOLS.
- 2 fluid ounce container will make twelve 12 ounce (350mL) portions of dark patina solution.
- Stir before use for consistent results.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of XL Gel per 12 ounce (350mL) heated water (approx. 140 degrees F / 60 degrees C) for darkest patina.
- Adjust solution mixture ratio for desired effect and volume of solution.
- XL Gel may be used in its ready form by brushing.
- Liver of Sulfur creates a rainbow to black oxidized patina on fine silver, sterling silver, copper bearing metals including brass, and bronze. Liver of Sulfur should be used very carefully. Patina Gel Liver of Sulfur emits a strong rotten egg odor when mixed into solution. The odor is not harmful as long as the solution is not boiled or burned, but it is wise to avoid breathing fumes of any kind. Work in a well ventilated area. Hasten the air exchange with an open window or exhaust fan. DO NOT BOIL OR BUN PATINA GEL OR THE PATINA GEL SOLUTION. Heating will emit sulfur dioxide, which is a poison when inhaled. See MSDS online for further safety precautions and always wear gloves and eye protection.
- SKU: XTL-8010
- Weight: 2.56 oz
|Style||Liver of Sulfur|