Designer: Megan Milliken
Skill Level: Intermediate
An elegant swath of Swarovski Pearls and Crystals wrap around your neck and close with a gorgeous Angel's Wings focal clasp. The perfect accent for your wedding day ensemble!
The finished length of this choker, including the clasp is about 13 1/2". Be sure to measure your neck and decide how long you want your finished piece to be before you begin. The clasp adds about 1 1/4" to the length. If you are going to add more than about an inch to the finished length, you may need to purchase additional beads.This is an intermediate skill level bead weaving project. If you are new to bead weaving, you may want to begin with a more simple project to familiarize yourself with bead weaving techniques.
- Watch the video: How to do an Ornate Right Angle Weave in Bead Weaving. This video will demonstrate the stitch that is used to weave this project.
- Thread a size 12 beading needle with .006" crystal Fireline beading thread. Use as long of a piece at a time as you are comfortable working with. I like to use about 6 feet at a time, but find the length you are comfortable with. Watch the video: How to Tie Off and Add New Thread in Bead Weaving. You'll need to do this several times in this project.
- Using the ornate right angle weave stitch demonstrated in the first video, weave together 4mm white Swarovski Pearls and 2.5mm crystal Swarovski bicone beads in rows of three groups of beads. Begin with a row of two groups of pearls with crystals and a plain group of pearls in the middle. This width is the same as the example in the video.
- Continue to weave your pearls and crystals together until your work is about 11 3/4" long, making sure to end with a row that has two groups of pearls with crystals.
- Tie off your threads and weave in all of the loose ends.
- With a new length of thread in your needle, go through a few beads along one corner of the weaving, coming out one of the end pearls in a pearl and crystal group, with the thread toward the middle.
- With your needle, pick up one crystal bead, one pearl bead, and another crystal bead. Pull your needle through the loop on one half of a rhodium plated Angel's Wings box clasp and then back through the last crystal bead, going back the way you came through it. Pick up one pearl bead and then one crystal bead, and then bring your needle through the pearl bead on the end of the other pearl and crystal group.
- Thread your needle back through the work in a loop, to go back around and through your last beads and the clasp again to reinforce it. Then continue around to bring your needle out next to where your thread tail comes out. Tie a secure square knot and weave in your ends.
- Repeat this process to attach the other half of the clasp to the other end of your necklace.
Enlarge PhotoWHAT YOU'LL NEED: (scroll down for purchase options)
- FCL-4916 - Rhodium Plated 1-Strand Box Clasp - 'Angel's Wings' - 30x26mm (1)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- SWBB-1000 - Swarovski Crystal, 5328 Bicone Beads 2.5mm, 20 Pieces, Crystal
Project uses 199 pieces. You will need 10 packages.
- SWP-4001 - Swarovski Crystal, 5810 Round Faux Pearl Beads 4mm, 50 Pieces, White
Project uses 308 pieces. You will need 7 packages.
- XCR-1280 - FireLine Braided Beading Thread, 4lb Test and 0.005 Thick, 15 Yards, Crystal Clear
Project uses 6 feet. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3006 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)
- XTL-5700 - Fiskars 5 Precision Tip Scissors - Super Sharp
- XTL-0106 - BeadSmith Cordless Thread Zap II Thread Burner Tool
|Theme||Special Occasion, Bridal|
|Ingredients||FCL-4916, SWBB-1000, SWP-4001, XCR-1280,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Piece.
$15.99 / Package | SKU: FCL-4916
You will need 10 package(s).
1 package = 20 Pieces.
$2.89 / Package | SKU: SWBB-1000
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Spool.
$6.59 / Package | SKU: XCR-1280
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$3.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-3006
$7.35 / Package | SKU: XTL-5700
$16.49 / Package | SKU: XTL-0106
You recently viewedClear recently viewed