Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- First, you will complete the basic right angle weave for the bracelet, then, starting in step 5, you will embellish the piece as shown in the pattern. If you are unfamiliar with Right Angle Weave, please watch our video before beginning this project.
- As you'll notice, the weave in the video uses four single beads per unit. In this design you will use two brass round beads as one, so that your units will be made up of four pairs of beads.
- Begin by threading your needle with as much beading thread as you feel comfortable working with. For instruction on how to tie off and add new thread you can watch our video here.
- You will weave 24 rows of 3 units across. Your finished beading piece will measure about 7 inches.
- Once you have woven the right angle weave, follow the pattern illustration for the embellishment thread path.
- Make sure your thread is exiting the two brass beads at the end of the bracelet all the way to one side, as shown. Follow the thread path down through the two outer beads, as shown. Pick up one candy jade bead, go back down through the two beads to the right. Pick up another candy jade bead, go back down though the two beads to the right. Continue along the thread path, picking up one purple candy jade bead as you cross over the squares, as shown.
- For the clasp, use the thread that you may have left over from the embellishment. If you do not have thread, tie in a new length. For the clasp you do not need a very long piece, only about 3 feet.
- With your needle, come up in-between the first two brass beads of the first woven "square". Thread it through the first loop of the clasp. Thread on one brass bead and thread your needle back thru the same loop of the clasp. You are using the brass bead to catch the clasp. Thread back down through the next two brass beads. Repeat this step for the other two loops of the clasp. Weave in and tie off your thread.
- Repeat this process to attach the other side of the clasp to the other side of the bracelet. Make sure the brass beads stay on the same side when you do the other end of the clasp. Also, make sure that your clasp will be facing the correct way before beginning.
- SPJD-104 - Deep Purple Candy Jade 4mm Round Beads (15.5 Inch Strand)
Project uses 72 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- BMB-1502 - Antiqued Brass Small 3mm Round Seamed Beads (50)
Project uses 348 pieces. You will need 7 packages.
- FCL-5511 - Antiqued Brass Tube Clasp 22mm Three Rings Strands (2)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-1285 - FireLine Braided Beading Thread, 4lb Test and 0.005 Thick, 15 Yards, Smoke Gray
Project uses 1 Spool. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3006 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)
- XTL-5700 - Fiskars 5 Precision Tip Scissors - Super Sharp
|Ingredients||SPJD-104, BMB-1502, FCL-5511, XCR-1285,|