Basic Filigree Wrapping
This example is provided to us by the wonderful folks at Vintaj. But remember, this is just one example. Don't limit yourself to a particular filigree or stone —wrap lampwork glass , semi-precious stones, other Vintaj focals, pottery shards, memorabilia, guitar picks, etc.
With wrapping, the possibilities are endless!
Suggested Materials & Tools:
- Large Turquoise Round Pendant Beads 29mm Stabilized (x2)
- Beadsmith Jeweller's Micro Pliers Chain Nose Flat Nose
- Beadsmith Jewelry Fine Round Nose Micro Pliers
- Beadsmith Bail Making Pliers - Round Ends 6mm/8.5mm For Filigree Wrapping Wire Work
Step 1: Create the Filigree Base Setting
Turn in the edges of the filigree to approximately the same size as the stone or focal using round nose pliers.
Step 2: Secure the Filigree Base Setting
- Set the stone or focal inside the filigree. Make sure that your filigree is symmetrical with the stone or focal before you begin crimping down.
- Crimp down the filigree edges to secure the stone using the chain nose pliers. Go through the edges again and recrimp until they are symmetrical and secure.