Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since
this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Using your scissors, cut a 1 yard length of wildfire white beading thread. Thread a size 10 beading needle onto the end.
- Place a stop bead on the tail of the thread, approximately 8" from the end. You can use any spare seed bead you have for this, just make sure it is a different color then the beads you are using in this project.
- Please watch the video: How to Make a Daisy Chain in Bead Weaving
- Following what you learned in the video, make a daisy with 6 Toho 11/0 silver lined seed beads around the outside and then another seed bead of the same size/color in the middle. After this daisy, string 1 Austrian Crystal 4mm bicone in crystal. Make another daisy, add another bicone, another daisy, another bicone, etc. until you have 7 inches of this pattern beaded.
- String 5 Toho 11/0 silver lined seed beads. Thread your needle through the hole at the top of the Austrian crystal snowflake so that the beads you just strung go through the hole.
- Please watch the video: How to Make an Austrian crystal Christmas Ornament
- The above video will show you how to secure your daisy chain to your ornament, remove the stopper bead, and tie off your thread.
- Happy Holidays!
(scroll down for purchase options)
- JSK-0011 - Toho Round Seed Beads 11/0 21 'Silver Lined Crystal' 8 Gram Tube
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-8933 - Wildfire Thermal Bonded Beading Thread .006 Inch - White- 50 Yd
Project uses 3 feet. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5700 - Fiskars 5 Precision Tip Scissors - Super Sharp
- XTL-0106 - BeadSmith Cordless Thread Zap II Thread Burner Tool
- XTL-3005 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 10 - 4 Needles