Designer: Kat Silvia
Skill Level: Intermediate
Get the most sought after on-trend look with these wire wrapped bangles featuring Red and Black Botswana Agate Beads.
For this project please watch the video: How to Make Wire Wrapped Bangles with Gemstone Focals. In this design, follow the simple technique of wrapping.
- Cut off five feet of wire.
- Using what you learned in the video, follow the instructions below.
- Make the first three base coils in the size you desire. If you need help sizing your bangle, we have a video here to guide you.
- Leave a tail of 8 inches. Bend the wire at a 90 degree angle using your chain nose pliers.
- Wrap the tail around the bangle three times.
- String on one bead, wrap the wire three more times around the bangle. Cut the wire and use the wire rounder tool to smooth any burrs. Tuck the end of the wire in.
- Move to the other "tail" of the wire.
- As seen in the video, judge the distance to where you want to add the next bead. Move to this spot, repeat the process without cutting the wire so that you can continue and repeat once more to complete your bangle.
- Once you have finished adding the third bead and wrapping three times, cut the wire and use the wire rounder tool to smooth any burrs. Tuck the end of the wire in.
- You will repeat the above process for the other two bangles to complete the set.
- All done!
- SPAG-71 - Red And Black Botswana Agate Flat Disc Beads 25mm (6)
Project uses 9 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- WCR-2033 - Artistic Wire, Copper Craft Wire 20 Gauge Thick, 6 Yard Spool, Tarnish Resistant Brass
Project uses 15 Feet. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-0131 - Wire Rounder Tool With Wooden Handle 1.8mm Cup Bur
- XTL-5606 - Vintaj Special Edition - Wire And Rivet Flush Cutter
- XTL-0020 - Baby Wubbers Quality Fine Chain Nose Jeweller's Pliers
- XTL-0074 - Eurotool Nylon Jaw Pliers Chain Nose- For Scratch-Free Wire Work
- XTL-9026 - Hard Wood Round Bracelet Sizing Bangle Mandrel Wire Wrapping Tool
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Spool.
$3.19 / Package | SKU: WCR-2033
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$7.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-0131
$9.59 / Package | SKU: XTL-5606
$22.95 / Package | SKU: XTL-0020
$11.49 / Package | SKU: XTL-0074
$15.49 / Package | SKU: XTL-9026