Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since
this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
Remember to repeat the directions below 4 times to make your hair clips.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Cut 4 feet of Wildfire thread. Tie one end to the outer edge of the filigree on your hair clip. Leave a tail of 8 inches. Onto the longer end, thread a size 12 beading needle.
- Please watch the video: How to Bead Weave a Picot Edge onto Filigree. Following what you learned in the video, bead weave a picot edge along the entire edge of your filigree using the Czech glass seed bead mix Devil's Food Red/Ruby Siam. When you get back to where you started, simple work you needle back into your bead work and tie off your thread. Go back to your 8" tail, thread a needle onto it, and weave a bit of the tail into your bead work as well and tie off.
- Look at the photo for placement of the rhinestones. Place 3 small dabs of E6000 glue onto the topside of the filigree where the rhinestones should go. Place 1 Austrian crystal flatback ss12 rhinestone into each dab of glue. Let dry.
- All done!
(scroll down for purchase options)
- BCS-1490 - Czech Seed Beads 11/0 Mix Lot Devils Food Red Ruby Siam
Project uses 1 hank. You will need 1 package.
- FCO-9065 - Antiqued Copper Alligator Hair Clips With Diamond Filigree Adornment -2 Inch (4)
Project uses 4 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-8936 - Wildfire Thermal Bonded Beading Thread .008 Inch - Black- 50 Yd
Project uses 4 feet. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-1054 - E6000 Industrial Strength Glue Adhesive (0.18 fl oz)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5700 - Fiskars 5 Precision Tip Scissors - Super Sharp
- XTL-3006 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)