Designer: Alexandra Smith
Skill Level: Intermediate
Glistening like moonlit snowfall, these delicate mixed media earrings feature Swarovski crystal rhinestones and chatons set into Crystal Clay. Milky snowflake Rivoli rhinestones and tiny sparkling chatons are featured in black epoxy clay using a petite Nunn Design bezel.
By following the instructions below, you will make one earring. Repeat all instructions to make the second earring.
- If you are new to Crystal Clay, please watch the video: How to Use Crystal Clay. Gloves are recommended when working with Crystal Clay.
- Take equal parts of both Part A and Part B of the crystal clay (about 1/8 inch of each to form a ball that is a little larger than 1/4 inch around. Mix the two parts together in your hands until there is one uniform color with no marbling.
- Press your mixed clay into your bezel. Gently smooth out any fingerprints by running the tip of your finger lightly over the surface.
- Place two Swarovski Crystal Snowflake Rhinestones into the clay on the diagonal (see photo for reference).
- Take a Magical Pick Applicator, or the beeswax tipped toothpick included with your Crystal Clay, and gently press the snowflake crystals into the clay.
- You may want to watch our video, How to Use Crystal Clay with Swarovski Crystal Chatons. Place fifteen pp10 Swarovski Crystal Round Stone Chatons into the clay, filling the space around the snowflakes (see photo for reference). Repeat step 5 to gently press the chatons into the clay.
- To hang your earring, open your earring hook and slide on the loop of your bezel with the clay and crystals facing forward, letting the bezel hang in the bottom loop of your earring hook (see photo for reference).
- Let the clay cure for 14 to 16 hours. Enjoy your earrings!
- FEA-6700 - Silver Plated Earring Hooks Kidney Wires 25mm (10 Pairs)
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- PND-6534 - Nunn Design Bright Silver Plated Pewter Collage Circle Bezel 1/2 Inch
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- SWCH-105 - Swarovski Crystal, 4747 Rivoli Snowflake Rhinestones 5mm, 6 Pieces, White Opal F
Project uses 4 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- SWCH-110320 - Swarovski Crystal, 1028 Xilion Round Stone Chatons pp10, 50 Pieces, Crystal Blue Shade
Project uses 30 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- TRC-230 - Crystal Clay 2-Part Epoxy Clay Kit 'Black' 25 Grams
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-4004 - Beadsmith Magical Rhinestone Pick Up Tool With Cleaning Kit - Great For Placing Flatback Rhinestones
|Ingredients||FEA-6700, PND-6534, SWCH-105, SWCH-110320, TRC-230,|
Useful Techniques & Learning Guides
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 10 Pairs.
$2.39 / Package | SKU: FEA-6700
You will need 2 package(s).
1 package = 1 Piece.
$2.59 / Package | SKU: PND-6534
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Kit.
$11.99 / Package | SKU: TRC-230
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
The Beadsmith Magical Rhinestone Pick Up Tool With Cleaning Kit - Great For Placing Flatback Rhinestones
$18.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-4004