Designer: Megan Milliken
Skill Level: Intermediate
This basic beadwoven bracelet has a masculine feel, in matte beads with an antiqued pewter clasp. Or change it up and make a feminine version too!
Standard sizes for mens bracelets are generally between 8" and 8 1/2".
- Before you begin, watch the instructional video: How to do Flat Even Count Peyote.
- Using matte black 11/0 Delicas, weave a strip of flat even count peyote that is 14 beads wide. Leave an 8" tail at the beginning of your work.
- Weave the strip 3/4" longer than your desired finished bracelet measurement. I made my bracelet 8" long, so my woven piece was 8 3/4" long. Do not tie off your thread when you've reached the desired length.
- Attach one end of your beadwork to the closed end of an antiqued pewter "E" hook clasp using the same technique demonstrated in this video, folding over about 1/2" of your work.
- On the other end of your work, fold over about 1/2" of the beading and stitch it down the same way as you did the other side, just without the hook.
- Tie off and weave in your threads.
- To fasten, slide the open part of the "E" hook into the free end of the beading where you've formed a loop with the foldover.
- DB-310 - Miyuki Delica Seed Beads 11/0 'Matte Black Opaque' DB310 7.2 Grams
Project uses 2 tubes. You will need 2 packages.
- XCR-1285 - FireLine Braided Beading Thread, 4lb Test and 0.005 Thick, 15 Yards, Smoke Gray
Project uses 1 spool. You will need 1 package.
- FCL-9270 - TierraCast Antiqued Lead-Free Pewter E Hook Clasp 18.5x27.5mm (1)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3006 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)
- XTL-5700 - Fiskars 5 Precision Tip Scissors - Super Sharp
- XTL-0106 - BeadSmith Cordless Thread Zap II Thread Burner Tool
|Ingredients||DB-310, XCR-1285, FCL-9270,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 2 package(s).
1 package = 7.2 gms tube.
$6.25 / Package | SKU: DB-310
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Spool.
$6.65 / Package | SKU: XCR-1285
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$3.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-3006
$7.35 / Package | SKU: XTL-5700
$16.49 / Package | SKU: XTL-0106