Designer: Megan Milliken
Skill Level: Intermediate
Delicate crystal pearls and seed beads are woven together in this pretty bracelet. The powder rose pearl color looks so lovely with the gold plated accents.
This bracelet measures approximately 6.75" long. To lengthen or shorten your bracelet, simply add or subtract rows of weaving in increments of two rows at a time. Each set of two rows adds about half an inch.
- Watch the video: How to do an Ornate Right Angle Weave. This video will demonstrate the stitch that is used to weave this bracelet.
- Thread a size 12 beading needle with .006" crystal Fireline beading thread. Use as long of a piece at a time as you are comfortable working with. I like to use about 6 feet at a time. Watch the video: How to Tie Off and Add New Thread in Bead Weaving. Tie off and add new thread as needed as you weave your bracelet.
- Using the ornate right angle weave stitch demonstrated in the video, weave together 4mm powder rose crystal pearls and size 11/0 24k gold plated Miyuki Delica seed beads in rows of three groups of beads. Begin with a row of two groups of pearls with seed beads and a plain group of pearls in the middle. This configuration is the same as the example in the video.
- Continue to weave your pearls and seed beads together until your work measures about 6.25" long. Make sure you end with a row that has two groups of pearls with seed beads.
- Making sure that your needle is exiting one of the three pearls on the side end of your work, add three seed beads. Then bring your needle up through one of the end holes on a gold plated 3 strand tube clasp. Add a pearl and bring your needle back down through the same hole in the clasp. Add three more seed beads and then go through the other side of the first pearl again. Your needle should travel through this base row pearl in the same direction when you begin as when you end.
- Weave around the work to exit through the next pearl on the side end, and connect the second loop of the clasp as you did the first. Then connect the third loop the same way. When you are adding the three seed beads in the middle sections, share the first seed bead with the group next to it. See photo for reference.
- Repeat this process to attach the other half of the clasp to the other end of the bracelet, making sure you attach the clasp so that the bracelet closes without twisting.
- Tie off and weave in all of your threads.
- FCL-5503 - 22K Gold Plated Tube Clasp 22mm Three Rings Strands (2)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- DB-031 - Miyuki Delica Seed Beads 11/0 '24K Gold Plated' DB031 7.2 Grams
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- SWP-4013 - Swarovski Crystal, 5810 Round Faux Pearl Beads 4mm, 50 Pieces, Powder Rose
Project uses Approximately 184. You will need 4 packages.
- XCR-1280 - FireLine Braided Beading Thread, 4lb Test and 0.005 Thick, 15 Yards, Crystal Clear
Project uses 1 spool. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3006 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)
- XTL-5700 - Fiskars 5 Precision Tip Scissors - Super Sharp
|Ingredients||FCL-5503, DB-031, SWP-4013, XCR-1280,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 7.2 gms tube.
$26.99 / Package | SKU: DB-031
You will need 4 package(s).
1 package = 50 Pieces.
$5.49 / Package | SKU: SWP-4013
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Spool.
$6.59 / Package | SKU: XCR-1280
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$3.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-3006
$7.35 / Package | SKU: XTL-5700