Designer: Karlin Jones
Skill Level: Beginner
This necklace incorporates gorgeous cultured pearls in copper bronze with a few hidden mysterious skulls and an ornate clasp. It's subtle, striking and simple to make.
These instructions will make a finished necklace approximately 17" long. Be sure to include at least 6 additional inches of wire to allow for crimping, two or three inches for each side.
- Cut 23 inches of beading wire and string the tip through a crimp tube.
- Open your clasp and take one half of it and string it onto your wire then loop the beading wire back through the crimp bead (you want a short tail of about 3 inches of beading wire). Pull snug so that you have a small loop.
- Using your crimp pliers, crimp your crimp bead. Snip off any excess beading wire from the short tail using your flush cutters.
- Next, string onto your beading wire: 8 pearls, 1 skull bead, 1 pearl, 1 skull bead, 1 pearl, 1 skull bead, followed by 32 pearls. The design of this necklace makes it so the skull beads are placed off to the side.
- Now string on another crimp tube, followed by the other half of your clasp. Pull snug and crimp your crimp tube. Snip off any excess wire with your cutters.
- Your necklace is now ready.
- XCR-67563 - Beadalon Beading Wire Bronze 7 Strand .015 Inch / 30Ft
Project uses 23 inches. You will need 1 package.
- PEC-1018 - Copper Bronze Cultured Potato Pearls 9-12mm (16 Inch Strand)
Project uses 42 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- BMB-3333 - TierraCast Copper Plated Pewter Skull With Roses Beads 10mm (2)
Project uses 3 pieces. You will need 2 packages.
- FCR-1622 - Real Copper Crimp Beads 2 x 2mm (50 Crimps)
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3000 - Bead Stopper- Stop Beads Sliding Off Stringing Material
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
- XTL-5200 - Standard Size Beading Crimping Pliers (For 2x2mm & 2x1mm Crimp Beads)
|Ingredients||XCR-67563, PEC-1018, BMB-3333, FCR-1622,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Spool.
$3.69 / Package | SKU: XCR-67563
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$22.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-5600
$14.99 / Package | SKU: XTL-5200