These instructions will give you a bracelet that is approximately 7 1/2 inches. Before you begin, watch the video: How to do Flat Even Count Peyote Stitch
. This video will demonstrate the stitch you will use to make this bracelet.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Using 10/0 Delica seed beads in copper lined crystal, and CzechMates two hole triangle beads follow the pattern in CHART 1 to complete the 16 bead wide design, working from the top down. When you come to the two holed triangles, you will go through each hole twice with your thread, treating each hole as a separated bead in any other peyote pattern. Continue following the pattern until you have woven your desired length. Remember the beaded clasp will add an extra 3/4 inches to your total length.
- Watch the video: How to Add a Beaded Toggle Clasp to a Peyote Stitch Bracelet. This video will walk you through the steps to add the clasp to your bracelet. The added pieces for the clasp opening are shown broken out into sections in CHART 2. Follow CHART 3 to make your toggle bar.
- Starting from bottom of the pattern and working up, create another piece of peyote stitch weaving 16 beads wide and 9 rows long. Then follow the pattern to add four more rows only 4 beads wide to the right side of this piece (the right side when aligned with the pattern). Zip this piece to the bottom of the bracelet, matching the pattern, as shown in the video. Then zip closed the other side of the opening.
- Go back to the beginning of your bracelet. Weave into the center 4 beads of the first row and add 7 rows 4 beads wide, following the pattern in the last chart from the bottom up.
- Create a new piece of weaving 12 beads wide and 10 rows long, following the pattern. Zip the toggle bar closed as shown in the video, and then attach it to the bracelet as demonstrated.
- Tie off and weave in all of your thread tails.
(scroll down for purchase options)
- BCP-10813 - CzechMates 2-Hole Triangle Beads 6mm - Light Green Metallic Suede (10 Gram Tube)
Project uses 1 tube. You will need 1 package.
- DBM-0037 - Miyuki Delica Seed Beads 10/0 'Copper Lined Crystal' DBM0037 8 GR
Project uses 2 tubes. You will need 2 packages.
- XCR-1280 - FireLine Braided Beading Thread, 4lb Test and 0.005 Thick, 15 Yards, Crystal Clear
Project uses 1 spool. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-3000 - Bead Stopper- Stop Beads Sliding Off Stringing Material
- XTL-3006 - Beadsmith English Beading Needles Size 12 (4 Needles)
- XTL-0106 - BeadSmith Cordless Thread Zap II Thread Burner Tool